Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

2010Dolby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2011, 5:29 pm

hey im new but need some aspies to talk to bout this. i was with a girl for a year and a half and eventually we got engaged, even though we're both 18. we had a mutual break of a long story but nobody did anything wrong, we just started to change. well whenever i go through a break up i party hard for weeks straight. booze and girls are the only things that seem to help. the problem is that me and some of my buddies got arrested and put on probation for getting drunk and spray painting penises all over town, so now i get random alcohol and drug tests. so i was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas about how to ease the pain of the break up? considering that drinking like a fish is risky

RonWren
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 May 2011, 6:11 pm

I don't know how to help. I just went through a break up too. :cry:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 11:09 am

maybe try doing something creative that can get your feelings out in a healthy way, like writing stuff down. or if you have a friend or family member who is really supportive, then try talking to them about what is going on before you start partying. the feelings are going to come out one way or another, so it is much less destructive to yourself to try to approach your emotions head-on.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 11:24 am

2010Dolby wrote:
hey im new but need some aspies to talk to bout this. i was with a girl for a year and a half and eventually we got engaged, even though we're both 18. we had a mutual break of a long story but nobody did anything wrong, we just started to change. well whenever i go through a break up i party hard for weeks straight. booze and girls are the only things that seem to help. the problem is that me and some of my buddies got arrested and put on probation for getting drunk and spray painting penises all over town, so now i get random alcohol and drug tests. so i was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas about how to ease the pain of the break up? considering that drinking like a fish is risky

take a break to the countryside or another city for the weekend, mix things up a bit. I'm lucky in the sense that I write songs etc so I can get stuff out of my system that way; you may not have that luxury. As hyper said, being creative is probably the best solution - although, I suppose you were technically expressing yourself through art by spray-painting penises:) Maybe that was your brain's hint...

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 7:31 pm

2010Dolby wrote:

Take up a sport, do some self reflection, and wait it out.

Since you brought it up, why do boys/men draw male genitalia on everything? There was one on every desk in the library at my school.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 7:49 pm

Well, I've been sleeping 12-16 hours a day, not eating, having a complete lack of energy (I haven't taken the bus to the store in weeks... I've had people drive me or go to the store for me)...

So... sorry. I can only tell you that you're not alone.

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2011, 10:32 pm

If your friends are in the same situation start do something with them, sport movies video games anything will work. If not just find something cool to build find detailed directions for it and get to work.

2010Dolby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2011, 10:55 pm

bucephalus wrote:
I suppose you were technically expressing yourself through art by spray-painting penises:) Maybe that was your brain's hint...

haha well played.

yaaaa im trying to get away from the party scene but the problem is that girls always lure me up there with text messages like "hey champ, i got a case of bud heavy here. you wanna come up and talk about it?"

im to dang weak minded

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 1:21 am

bucephalus wrote:
I suppose you were technically expressing yourself through art by spray-painting penises:) Maybe that was your brain's hint...

Obviously, he was thinking about cigars. :P

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2011, 11:24 am

if you want to go the substance abuse route.....switch to a different substance.

alcohal makes you do the strangest/crazyest things when you are wasted.

of all the drugs, i regret what i do with booze more than anything.

pain killers, anti-anxiety meds, adderall/dexedrine, weed

you could also take out your frustation by going crazy excercizing
running for hours...
swimming for hours...
weight lifting many rep or a lotof weight...
martial arts....

I think drugs are alright as long as you dont get hooked but there is no telling whether you will get hooked until you do them.