Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 9:07 am

Old thread is old.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 9:50 am

felinesaresuperior wrote:
how can an autistic person deal with politics? doesn't that require an understanding of the human nature, and being diplomatic, kissing up to the right people? how can one drag other people after him without knowing how to talk to their darkest side? aspies don't make good salespeople, or politicians. imagine a priminster that always says the wrong thing because he has no idea what the other person is thinking. hell, if i was a president i'd probably start world war three WITHOUT intention! simply by saying the wrong things and being misunderstood.
how can you be in politics without remembering faces? you might mistake the president of an alley country for the cleaning man.
what about a faraway look in the eyes? bill gates has it, and alber einstien had that quirky aspie look. hitler didnt. only a dark, icy look, like a predator before an attack. take one look and get a heart attack.
an aspie look is not a blood chilling look. it's a gentle, dreamy look.

Unrelated to this thread, in general, BUT specific to your comment; it's a very deep and wide spectrum.

All one has to do is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL8vHOAp9E8[/youtube]

TheSunAlsoRises

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 10:44 am

I really don't care. The a***hole is dead, let's worry about famous Aspies who are alive.

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 4:27 am

Bauhauswife wrote:

Their minds are not fully formed. And when I say "mind", I don't mean intelligence. What I mean is that they have no deep relationship with their own being, no reverence for themselves as individuals. I don't think we're so far removed from being outright animals other than we have the ability to be self-aware. Unfortunately a large part of humanity doesn't put forth the effort to develop anything deeper than what is required to fit in with the pack. That mentality has use-value to them, it helps them survive. Fitting in is of utmost importance. A great example of this in the average daily life, is organized religion. People want to be spoon-fed their "salvation", rather than seeking it out for themselves on a much deeper level. They're just sort of drifting along with the current. Humans are lazy in that respect.

:idea: :idea: :idea:

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 4:59 am

JurgenW wrote:

The early Hitler did have some characteristics that could be regarded as Aspergian, if I understand this correctly:
He did not have friends.
He did not have women. (Obviously he visited some prostitute that gave him syphilis, but that is not the same as a relationship.)
He refused to eat some types of food.
He did not have a job.
(His appearance was rather shabby, being dirty and unkempt and malnourished and wearing rags, but I am not sure about this point.)

Later, during world war one, he had an obsession with a particular topic (Germany, in a political sense).

Cornflake wrote:
^^ But they're so generalised and could apply to anyone at all, including NTs.

Well, ALL famous dead people "diagnosed" with AS are diagnosed by reasons like that...

Projectile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2012, 6:24 am

wether he was aspie or not. its no reflection on the rest of us is it.

i would venture that he was a sociopath

mylifeisdifferent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Aug 2012, 6:31 am

its entirely possible hitler didn't have anything "wrong" with him other than a very extreme outlook, but people just don't want to accept that someone normal just like them could be responsible for such horrific things, so there have to be excuses and reasons for showing him to be a psychotic monster