Apparently the average person breaks the law 26 times a year

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 1:16 pm

According to a survey I heard on the radio, including J walking and minor traffic violations!
I am proud to say I break the law on average 5 times a day. Take that establishment!
How about you?

*And remember, once you post something on the internet it's there 4 evar! :evil: So don't blame me when your prosecutor brings up this topic to undermine your character. :twisted:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 2:00 pm

I am not sure. I know I break some minor ones like going a few miles above the speed limit but I try and go the speed limit. It's always unintentional.

I do jay walk if there are no cars coming because I can't be bothered to walk a few blocks down for a cross walk. But if the road is really busy, forget it. I will use the cross walk.

I once drove without car insurance in 2010 because my dad had canceled it and never told me so I had went without it for a few days. Also unintentional and then it was intentional because he had told me and I had no choice because I had to use my car.

I once drove with expired license plates because that was also unintentional. I forgot all about it and then saw the date on them and realized that month was over. So I had to call my dad to send me renewal stickers. This was also in 2010. Then I got Oregon license plates two months later when my dad signed the car over to me so it's under my name now.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 3:17 pm

I walk in the road a lot, they are usually clearer than paths. I don't think it's an offence here though.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2011, 5:29 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU[/youtube]

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 May 2011, 11:27 pm

Does all the media(music/vids ect) I bootleg/pirate each count as separate law violations :?: because that would be waaay to many for me to begin to count.
Not counting that; the only law violation I commit regularly that I can think of rite now is taking a non US approved prescription medication; I get it online from overseas site.
I was kinda like Barney Fite or Cindy Brady as a kid. I was kinda obsessed with rules & got upset & tattled on others for breaking em & I had lots of anxiety about getting in trouble for doing something wrong(I was in trouble a lot as a kid because others made up stuff about me or I didn't understand/comprehend what I was doing wrong) so I'm not one who's going to break a lot of laws.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Bauhauswife
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 May 2011, 6:24 am

League_Girl wrote:

I once drove with expired license plates because that was also unintentional. I forgot all about it and then saw the date on them and realized that month was over. So I had to call my dad to send me renewal stickers. .

I did this once for nearly a year!! I purchased a new vehicle and the dealership didn't process my taxes and tags for me. I had purchase two other vehicles prior to the new one, and both times the dealer took care of it for me...not this time. I got a ticket for it on Christmas Eve!! Between paying my late taxes and paying the fines, I was out about $700, and what was worse...a few months later, my taxes were due again!! 8O

I regularly drive about 5 miles over the speed limit. As a general rule, cops won't pull you for 5 miles over.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 7:34 am

Laz wrote:

I used to have a cassette single by the band Therapy? with that song on it.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 6:13 pm

What kind of law? National, state, local plus the rules of regulatory agencies at each of those levels? I'd say that 26 times a day would be more like it for the average person, often out of ignorance that the laws they're breaking even exist. It seems that legislative bodies are very good at making new laws, very poor at destroying old ones, relying instead on the informal practice of ceasing to enforce them. Until YOU break them! I'm all for constitutional amendments that say you can't introduce a new law without withdrawing an old one.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 6:17 pm

Quote:

Ah Therapy? Now theres an under rated band. Brings back memories, enjoyed the three times i've seen them live 8)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 6:29 pm

I break social law 26 times a minute :lol:
I'm really not surprised with the OP.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 3:08 am

Sorry, rules oriented Aspie here: 38 years old and have never had a speeding ticket, moving violation, been questioned by the police or committed any crime -- but I do occasionally jaywalk everyone in a while. Hey, rebel with a cause.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 1:07 pm

I wonder how many times a year the average WP member breaks the rules? :lol:

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 2:46 pm

Laz wrote:

I like this one better based on personal taste. They are from Belarus if you have to ask.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUyj6Ohsg9c[/youtube]

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 2:48 pm

Laz wrote:
Quote:

Ah Therapy? Now theres an under rated band. Brings back memories, enjoyed the three times i've seen them live 8)

I put my tape copy of Nurse in my little ghetto blaster today, it chewed the f****r up!

I listened to In Utero by Nirvana, which really isn't as good as I remembered.

takeapart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2011, 2:59 pm

My car is off the road for the last month, it's nice not to worry about speeding camera fines coming through the letter box.

People breaking the Law = $$ , the government thanks you and wants you to keep breaking the laws!! Just the small ones that is. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 May 2011, 3:14 pm

takeapart wrote:
My car is off the road for the last month, it's nice not to worry about speeding camera fines coming through the letter box.

People breaking the Law = $$ , the government thanks you and wants you to keep breaking the laws!! Just the small ones that is. :lol:

Breaking laws cost the government money. Cops are on the clock when they issue tickets & not everyone pays the tickets they are given. Some go to court to fight em & court cost cost money

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition