Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:58 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
See, I get in trouble for taking things like this literally. For the longest time I had a cream to put on my face and the instructions said to put in on "at bedtime" so I'd put in on and then go to sleep and it would smear all over my face. My mum told me I should just put in on an hour or 2 before I went to bed. I said that the instructions said to put in on at bedtime so I couldn't. My mum said that just meant to put it on at night and I didn't have to take everything so literally.

Also thought that :o Why would they talk about beds otherwise 8O I think language just is too imprecise and faulty. We shouldn't have to guess the meaning of something, which is what NTs do most of the time.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 1:30 am

wittgenstein wrote:
I was diagnosed with aspergers. I have the majority of traits. However, I keep reading that people with aspergers are very literal and have a hard time understanding metaphors. Not only is that not me, my ability to creatively juxtapose seemingly unrelated things and to think metaphorically almost defines me!!
Can a creative artist ( poet etc) have aspergers?

Absolutely yes.

Be aware that autism spectrum and related commorbities constitue a very wide range of symptoms. They share many common elements and a common ground, but this is not a illness with clear symptoms, as 'you cough => you got a cold'.

Usually psychiatrists need to stablish some clear symptoms that they relate to austism, simplifying austist traits. That's not bad, since a diagnosis methods requires not only accuracy, but usability too. So don't take them as an axiom.

And even if you have some limitations, you're a intelligent being. All along your life you find alternative paths to get done what you want. This is your gift some way, since you can offer to the world a way of thinking that other people haven't. If your path to be creative if different for the most usual one... isn't it a good thing?

Anomiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 1:39 am

Greb wrote:
If your path to be creative if different for the most usual one... isn't it a good thing?

It's not an unusual path to creativity, it is very common. There are different variations on it. Anyway who cares?

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 2:10 am

Anomiel wrote:
Greb wrote:
If your path to be creative if different for the most usual one... isn't it a good thing?

It's not an unusual path to creativity, it is very common. There are different variations on it. Anyway who cares?

Nobody. Edison said that creativity was 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. And he was one of the most creative people ever. :D