Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2011, 3:56 pm

Okay just going to tell people this now so they understand and know that sometimes when im talking to other people here i dont understand really big words i dont know there meanings and i have a hard time understanding. An sometimes when i talk back you may get a feeling im very rude or mean when i am not trying to be yes i get angrey easy (i gusse you could say its because of not understanding i take things in a bad way) or its because (Theres something i hate)
I try to hold this back as much as i can and just talk to people like others would i find myself doing a good job but people still may see it as mean yeah dont mind that most of the time im not trying to be....sometimes im not sure why i get so angrey i was never sure if this had to do with my autism or with something elts or me just being me. But whatever it is forget about it.
Im really nice my words just take the wrong way sometimes. i gusse so much trying to understand people get me mad at them? .... So yeah does anyone maybe have a clue why im like this?

Another thing: People talk very strongly here and i dont understand them its upsetting. Why is it that if doctors say i have autism im not like that i take small words and stuff more?

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 6:07 pm

It sounds like you have some sort of comorbidities in addition to ASD.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2011, 7:23 pm

SuperTrouper wrote:
It sounds like you have some sort of comorbidities in addition to ASD.
What is that i dont know what it is but if its like somekind of bad thing no im healthy lol :)

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 7:50 pm

Comorbidities are conditions that frequently accompany ASD, or any other condition for that matter. Have you be diagnosed with specific learning disabilities, for example? Have you had IQ and achievement tests recently?

But in practical terms, f you don't know what a word means, look it up. If you are not in close proximity to a computer or dictionary... ask the person who used it what it means.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 May 2011, 9:28 pm

SuperTrouper wrote:
Comorbidities are conditions that frequently accompany ASD, or any other condition for that matter. Have you be diagnosed with specific learning disabilities, for example? Have you had IQ and achievement tests recently?

But in practical terms, f you don't know what a word means, look it up. If you are not in close proximity to a computer or dictionary... ask the person who used it what it means.

Yeah my IQs not very good but its not horrible. and yes i got other learning problems its my Miner MR.
But it is not bad so i dont see it because why this is happaning but who knows.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 8:47 am

If you have mild MR, this, coupled with the communcation problems of ASD, is probably the reason you have trouble understanding "big words" and conversations. Just my guess.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 9:49 am

SuperTrouper wrote:
If you have mild MR, this, coupled with the communcation problems of ASD, is probably the reason you have trouble understanding "big words" and conversations. Just my guess.

This makes a lot of sense to me.

I bet most of us here have problems with sometimes (or most of the time...) appearing to be "rude." I know I do, and I have read what many people with ASDs have said about this and they do, too. Frankly, I think everyone has had their words misinterpreted at some point or another, but it appears that we (people with ASDs) just seem to have that happen a bit more often.

Twirlip
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 May 2011, 9:57 am

I've only read a few of your posts, but for what it's worth, although you sometimes sound cross, frustrated, and impatient, you have never sounded really rude, and you have certainly never sounded mean.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2011, 3:14 pm

Twirlip wrote:
I've only read a few of your posts, but for what it's worth, although you sometimes sound cross, frustrated, and impatient, you have never sounded really rude, and you have certainly never sounded mean.
Somedays i will but i get more angrey at people and i hide it but its deffently there even if people may or may not see it. i know theres been a few times were i think i sonded mean to people that or it is me thinking that they think im rude because im takeing it in the wrong way.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2011, 3:16 pm

SuperTrouper wrote:
No it is a good gusse. Do you know how mild MR goes togather with HFA autism? Because i never understood how my doctors talked about me haveing all autism anxiety hfa autism and miner MR. its very very comfuseing to me.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 4:27 pm

Mild MR (IQ in the 60-80 range, -ish) affects your overall ability to learn in all subject areas. It also affects your adaptive skills (think life skills). You cannot have MR if you don't have both a low IQ and adaptive skills deficits.

ASD (what you are calling HFA, which is not a true label) affects your social skills, communication abilities, and behaviors and interests.

If your verbal IQ is low, and your have ASD, then the two meet at that point and your ability to understand and express language is reduced.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 May 2011, 6:23 pm

SuperTrouper wrote:
Mild MR (IQ in the 60-80 range, -ish) affects your overall ability to learn in all subject areas. It also affects your adaptive skills (think life skills). You cannot have MR if you don't have both a low IQ and adaptive skills deficits.

ASD (what you are calling HFA, which is not a true label) affects your social skills, communication abilities, and behaviors and interests.

If your verbal IQ is low, and your have ASD, then the two meet at that point and your ability to understand and express language is reduced.
Okay i understand the IQ part that it is in the range of 60 to 80 mine is 69 a little higher (dont laugh -.- i hate saying that) i dont agree with iqs because there so close to eachoter it dont make scents. But if the doctors say it okay then.
Yes she did not say HFA just high funsoning autism. Really her words to me was you have autism we just cant diognose it because your to old something along that line.
But what i dont understand are you saying they both can go togather or not?
Avreything really makes no scents to me anymore when i was a child they told me for a very long time PDD NOS then Miner mr To anxiety to High funsoning autism. its like what the hell.....i would just like help understand can it go togather? and how?

That is what the spesole list said but here is what i believe from just hereing what people tell me and trying to see what match up to: I believe i have Anxiety like they say i have and Aspergers because i know they say im not but i dont understand my speech was later then my famileys spech but at the same time not that horrible people had a hard time understanding me in school when i was a child but avreything was fine in my mind...i just dont get it sometimes.
Other then the speech i dont see why i dont have aspergers because i got sensery issues. And lights i never do well with they look like lines to me. Theres other problems haveing to do with autism yes but thats not what im here to get you to say if i have it or not because i know you cant say that. but im just putting it out there. Mr i heard that it can fit in with autism and i could still have mr she said but at a small amount. and they all ready said miner mr witch is not alot. so does it fit togather? see i dont get it? how can 2 fit togather? but how can they not? ......

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 5:06 am

You can definitely have MR and autism. Many people do. Again, HFA is not a true diagnostic label.

You canNOT have MR and Asperger's. MR excludes you from the Asperger's diagnosis.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2011, 2:08 pm

SuperTrouper wrote:
You can definitely have MR and autism. Many people do. Again, HFA is not a true diagnostic label.

You canNOT have MR and Asperger's. MR excludes you from the Asperger's diagnosis.

Oh okay i see now thanks for exsplaneing that.

joestenr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2011, 4:54 pm

you may also want to look into another IQ test, chances are you were given either the Stanford Bennett or the weschler scales, there is another IQ scale that people on the Autistic spectrum tend to score far higher on, though NT's score abouth the same as on the others. This is because the 1st 2 are very much based on verbal skills, and an understanding of social norms, in other words stacked against you if your on the spectrum.
I can't think of the name of this scale off hand mind you