27 May 2011, 3:41 pm

Keeno wrote:
on the hipster spectrum.

:lol:

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 6:01 pm

People have classified me as a hipster before, I'm un-complacent to the issue. If you're original, and yourself .. then why should it be bad? I'd prefer to blend in, while being myself but also not draw attention. I think the stereotypical view of what is "hipster" though is skewed

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 5:27 am

Descartes wrote:
This post I'm about to make might be considered ironic to some, considering my avatar, but...

...if non-conformity is a hipster ideal, then why is it that they all pretty much dress and act the same? I have nothing against hipsters - I actually really like their clothing - but I see non-conformity as an individual ambition. Hipsters are basically a subgroup of people who look, act, and think roughly the same (just like any other subgroup), and that is not non-conformity.

Did you get your avatar from the Adult Swim website? That's where I first saw that image. I've played Hipster Kickball on there, and it's very funny.

Anyway, I have nothing against hipsters. I don't actively seek them out, but quite a few people that have similar interests as me probably fit into that category. I am not one myself, since I don't dress like an impoverished artist or live in a loft apartment, or drink Stella Artois.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!