Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 May 2011, 9:44 pm

Members are misjudging & NOT giving me any helpful advice. I wish I didn't make this post or least left something out when I did

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 23 May 2011, 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 9:56 pm

How do you know what you are doing that is flirting vs. what you are doing that is not flirting? Figuring that out is the first step towards re-directing the desired flirting behaviors w/ the appropriate people.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 9:59 pm

Peko wrote:
How do you know what you are doing that is flirting vs. what you are doing that is not flirting? Figuring that out is the first step towards re-directing the desired flirting behaviors w/ the appropriate people.

When I'm flirting I make comments about liking certain things about em & suggest that we do things together that can be seen as more than just simply being friendly

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 10:50 pm

In all seriousness and with respect;

Stop chatting with young teens if you cannot controll or distinguish flirting. A 28 yr old man can end up in jail for inappropriate chat with minors. Law enforcement personel and parents are looking out for that. Act as confused as you please, but that will not stop them from sending you to jail. Pediophyles almost always play the confusion card. You will be undistinguishable from them. I'm just sayin.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 11:54 pm

Last edited by nick007 on 23 May 2011, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 1:56 am

nick007 wrote:
When I'm talking or chatting with girls that I'm not interested in(especially young teen girls online) I tend to flirt with em. It comes naturally to me when I'm just wanting to be friendly & I'm NOT trying or wanting to flirt. I have to watch what I say because I don't want to be flirting but when I like a girl & I want to flirt; it comes out very WRONG. It's problematic for me because I scare off girls I do like by sounding mentally retorted when I try flirting. & I also scare away girls I only want to be friends with by flirting with em when I'm NOT wanting to. I wish I could flirt when I want to & didn't flirt when I'm simply trying to be nice

Flirting with teens that are younger than the state legal limit is wrong. You should not talks to them at all if they aren't related to you. It is pointless and plain wasteful.

What will looks like to father, mother, and other teens is that you are preying on them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 2:30 am

Last edited by nick007 on 23 May 2011, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 9:53 am

nick007 wrote:
Bopkasen wrote:
nick007 wrote:
When I'm talking or chatting with girls that I'm not interested in(especially young teen girls online) I tend to flirt with em. It comes naturally to me when I'm just wanting to be friendly & I'm NOT trying or wanting to flirt. I have to watch what I say because I don't want to be flirting but when I like a girl & I want to flirt; it comes out very WRONG. It's problematic for me because I scare off girls I do like by sounding mentally retorted when I try flirting. & I also scare away girls I only want to be friends with by flirting with em when I'm NOT wanting to. I wish I could flirt when I want to & didn't flirt when I'm simply trying to be nice

Flirting with teens that are younger than the state legal limit is wrong. You should not talks to them at all if they aren't related to you. It is pointless and plain wasteful.

What will looks like to father, mother, and other teens is that you are preying on them.

As i already stated; I watch what I say with em. The last two post are NOT helpful because I flirt with women around my age offline when I feel comfortable with em. The problem is that it comes naturally to me when I feel comfortable & trying to be nice

what Bopkasen and others are trying to tell you is that is not a good idea to try to be nice to underage girls by chatting with them online - essentially, stay away. their parents will not understand your intentions and you can get branded as a lot of bad things even if the talk is not sexual in nature.

there is not much reason to be chatting with them online. if you look hard, you can find older women or men to chat with online that have similar interests to you. they may not be as prevalent or as easy to find, but it would probably be a good idea to look. you are on a slippery slope.

addendum: another useful bit... i have a teenage daughter. if she was talking to an older man online, i would hit the roof. and if that man was flirting with her, i would assume he was trying to have sex with her, or at least sexual conversations. not appropriate.

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 3:00 pm

Nick, do you ever flirt with guys?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2011, 3:05 pm

Guess I'll lock this.