Girls boast about male promiscuity....

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 4:15 pm

Tequila wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
some women may be genuinely attracted to a guy like that, but mostly they fall prey to the fact that he is most likely using manipulative PUA techniques in order to seduce them.

Good point and one I hadn't thought of. People like that are nasty individuals.

I would imagine a lot of the women wake up the next morning feeling very used.

yes. there are women who do that to men too, and it is just as terrible. most people don't actually want to be used, once they personally experience what that entails.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 4:22 pm

Tequila wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
some women may be genuinely attracted to a guy like that, but mostly they fall prey to the fact that he is most likely using manipulative PUA techniques in order to seduce them.

Good point and one I hadn't thought of. People like that are nasty individuals.

I would imagine a lot of the women wake up the next morning feeling very used.

More that mate I been having a look this PUA its a bastard child of something I trained in NLP & really some of them techniques when used without integrity can be like Rohypnol!! I use my learning in NLP to help people, build long lasting relationships & make a positive change. I heard of too many abuses of Ericksonian hypnosis in the area of sexual relations.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 5:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If this is common here, and common in Canada, two civilizations that have little in common in term of location,culture, ethnicity and history, then the root cause of this discrepancy is most likely genetic-based.

Both occupied by the French at some point in history.

:thumright:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 5:13 pm

Quote:
NLP

Ah the pseudo-science whishy-washy version of CBT :P (Disclaimer: thats a joke BTW)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 5:19 pm

cdfox7 wrote:
More that mate I been having a look this PUA its a bastard child of something I trained in NLP & really some of them techniques when used without integrity can be like Rohypnol!! I use my learning in NLP to help people, build long lasting relationships & make a positive change. I heard of too many abuses of Ericksonian hypnosis in the area of sexual relations.

The problem is that I suspect a lot of socially awkward individuals who do find PUA techniques and manage to use them are doing it without thinking of the ethics involved. They just want to get laid.

So, although I could learn them, I think I'd rather not.

Ivan_AG
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 May 2011, 5:40 pm

Tequila wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:

The problem is that I suspect a lot of socially awkward individuals who do find PUA techniques and manage to use them are doing it without thinking of the ethics involved. They just want to get laid.

The great double standards by most PUAs is that they claim the intellectual high ground by citing evolutionary psychology or any other science which supports them in their reasoning, yet drop it like a hot potato when it doesn't sit well with their products. For example, they preach about how looks don't matter. For them it's all about having game and being an alpha male. Watch what happens when an EP study claims that women actually do care about looks since it's concerned with the health and chance of survival of her partner. All hell breaks loose in PUA land. The land of hypocrisy.

Do you know how a PUA fanboy would respond to your comment on the lack of ethics?

I'm going to give my best based on my experience with these people.

"Actually ethics don't really matter in the jungle that is the dating scene. It's all about spreading your genes, so being ethical can actually be a constraint on your reproductive value. Besides, science has proven that women don't really have a rational mind, so essentially they are slaves to their instincts. You're not doing anything unethical by using this to your advantage. To hell with ethics or morals, man! Just get laid by whatever means possible!"

This type of reasoning is very common throughout the community. They can be called hard line consequentialists. They only care about the final outcome, and they are willing to get there by whatever means available to them.

"The ends justify the means" is probably the unofficial motto of RSD (Real Social Dynamics) groupies.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:04 pm

Laz wrote:
Quote:
NLP

Ah the pseudo-science whishy-washy version of CBT :P (Disclaimer: thats a joke BTW)

lol its paperwork free CBT thats one thing I dislike about CBT its got too much bloody paperwork

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2011, 6:18 pm

Tequila wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:

no the issue of ethics lies with Ross Jeffries the guy who fonder the seduction community, he got a lot to f*****g answer for, I what to know who given him NLP training in the first place. I hope to god that the only training that he had from both Bandler and Grinder was from reading Frogs Into Princes (a great book & I own of copy of it, its a rare book bloody hell I just seen a copy of it on ebay for $200 US).

Garath
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2011, 7:04 pm

I think there's alot of guys who're completely aware of the ethic problems of the PUA hypnosis tecniques but just honestly don't care anymore. I haven't personally looked into it yet because I still somehow hope I can genuinely learn to be a normal guy socially and actually get laid and/or find a gf through that, but in all honestly I know i'll never be able to fairly compete with normal guys. It's just not a level playing field.

And honestly, if that's what the choice comes to; between being alone and miserable or getting somewhere with women by being a bit unethical, I hate saying it, but how can anyone choose misery over getting what they want in that situation?

It's pretty hard feeling sorry for using such tecniques on girls when same girls have been busy ignoring you and putting you on ice for your entire life. I'm as much worthy of love and as worthy at having an expressable sexuality as anyone else, except somehow I'm not under the rules of the social game.
So I can really understand the anger that leads to disregarding the moral aspects, i'm still hoping that someone will take pity on my many attempts at doing it the normal way and show me that I am indeed worthy of not having to cheat my way to it

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 7:39 pm

From an evolutionary perspective, a woman should be attracted to a man who is able to get sex with lots of other women because half of her descendents will be men, meaning that they will inherit the father's sexual capacity. Perhaps bragging about a male relative's sexual prowess is a way of saying, "I have the same parents, so my male children will have the same f*****g skill as my brother," thereby making herself more attractive.

Considering the fact that it takes a lot more energy on the woman's part to raise a child than a man (speaking in terms of strict necessity), it makes sense that women should be pickier than a man and should put on that appearance even if she is not. If a woman has sex indiscriminately, she could be wasting some of her limited reproductive capacity on a mediocre man, whereas a man does not have any well defined reproductive capacity, so he is under no such limitation.

Genghis Khan is sometimes referred to as, "The Great Inseminator," because genetic tests of Chinese men found that there must have been one man who had a very large number of children who lived during the time of Genghis Khan. It is not known for certain if Genghis Khan is this man, but he is highly suspected due to his habits. I also read a story in an art museum once about a duke in the middle ages who is said to have had over 300 children.

I have read some material that claims that women WANT their partners to cheat because it shows that they have some of these "Alpha Male" qualities, but I am also certain that I have known women who were very upset when their partners cheated on them. I guess it is a tradeoff because if a man cheats on his spouse, he is probably spending a lot of resources on other women, but it also demonstrates that his children will likely be able to woo multiple women at once too. My guess is that it is a matter of personal preference for women, and that aspie women are less likely to think it's attractive to have a cheating partner, but I don't have enough experience in the matter to know.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 5:04 am

hyperlexian wrote:
well, i don't like to be confronted with what the herd does because then i feel like i am forced to accept it as being "normal". and i find ideas like these really distasteful, yet if they are "normal" then i should just suck it up and be fine with it. but i don't want to do that.

Acknowledging something as being the norm doesn't mean you have to start liking, approving or finding excuses for it lol. All kind of things varying from distasteful to downright disgusting or even horrifying are and will always be part of the human nature. I'd rather understand how it works, although it can make you very cynical and disillusioned.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 7:11 am

Sallamandrina wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
well, i don't like to be confronted with what the herd does because then i feel like i am forced to accept it as being "normal". and i find ideas like these really distasteful, yet if they are "normal" then i should just suck it up and be fine with it. but i don't want to do that.

Acknowledging something as being the norm doesn't mean you have to start liking, approving or finding excuses for it lol. All kind of things varying from distasteful to downright disgusting or even horrifying are and will always be part of the human nature. I'd rather understand how it works, although it can make you very cynical and disillusioned.

i am holding out for an idea i can stomach.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 9:07 am

Hey Boo!
These F'n women are boasting about their capacity to give birth to alpha males. They never learn until their whorey brothers get the clap or worse. "Thou shalt not commmit adultery".
I guess that doesn't apply to them. But if you adulter their relationships, they'll friggin' kill ya!! !
See how selfish they are.

Dave-the-Aussie

31 May 2011, 11:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ok, we all know about the double-standards. How female promiscuity is viewed in the media and how the male promiscuity is viewed on the other hand....and bla bla bla, but this isn't the point of the thread.

I've noticed, in several occasions, female coworkers talking about how their brothers are dating a new girl every 2 days and so or even how they're dating several girls simultaneously. One of them even talked about her brother dating engaged and married women.

What those all conversations had in common, that there was an obvious 'boasting' tone in their conversations, they were not talking about them in a shameful way or even in an embarrassed them, but they were boasting about them. Sometimes they say something like " I am trying to convince him to settle down but...." or even "I told him this is bad but they're following him..." (this how it was said literary) and that's it.

I think they were exaggerating, but that's not the point, the point is why they are doing this? why they are talking about it? and why they are boasting about it? and how this can be any good publicity for their brothers and for them? and why they never mention sisters' encounters?

Why the male promiscuity and male extensive sexual history are viewed as some kinds of trophies, even by many females?

I once read an excellent comment on Digg that sums this up nicely:

"A key that unlocks many different locks is called a master key, whereas a lock that is unlocked by many different keys is just a sh***y lock"

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 9:05 pm

Dave-the-Aussie wrote:

"A key that unlocks many different locks is called a master key, whereas a lock that is unlocked by many different keys is just a sh***y lock"

well, i'd say that a number of keys have entered my lock, but very few have managed to "unlock" anything at all

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 6:06 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Dave-the-Aussie wrote:

well, i'd say that a number of keys have entered my lock, but very few have managed to "unlock" anything at all

GO GIRL!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! :D