Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

fotojunkie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jun 2011, 10:18 am

This is an interesting survey for people on the spectrum and their views/experiences on church/religion.

Autism and Church Survey

What did you think about it?

catlover02
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

I am a Christian and I go to church. The people at my church that know that I have Asperger's are accepting of it. Everyone at church is nice to me and treats me with respect. :)

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 4:36 am

done, and not bad

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 12:35 am

My family - that is me, my wife, and my daughter - attend a church in which most people know that not only do I have Asperger's, but also that my little girl has PDD-NOS. Growing up in this church, I had felt out of place, and with the suspicion that people had thought I was just a plain weirdo ret*d. But then again, I had felt exactly the same way everywhere else I was ever at. Today, I feel much more at ease in church. As far as my little girl is concerned, there have been a few busy bodies who have complained about her emotional outbursts, or sudden desire to butt in when someone else is speaking - or have even thought that my wife and I have fallen on our faces as parents. But luckily enough, this is a minority opinion. Most people in our church are understanding toward our daughter, and are even enchanted by her.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Benbob
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

It needed an option for atheists. I went to church (kingdom hall) as a child because my gullible NT parents made me. I found the Jehovah's witnesses to be nice up-front but when you really get to know them they were complete as*holes. Oh and the baptists - those jerks tried indoctrinating me through my friends.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

I've never had a problem at church.