Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2017, 8:40 pm

as an aspie,i rarely talk about mne,based on how vivid they can be

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 5:21 am

I believe the majority of the dreams I experience are abstract creations; images, sounds and feelings playing out like a reel without active participation. I wonder whether these only appear abstract in my memory however because of recollection issues, they tend to 'slip away' when I wake up. Otherwise I tend to dream scenarios that often find common ground in that my role is to solve an unpleasant problem.
A while ago, one such dream involved trying to rid a room full of huge, invisible spiders hanging from the ceiling (as you do), and a few nights previously I had another where I was trying to open a series of locked doors that I knew some cult had left murdered victims hidden behind. Overall I'm sure my brain's favourite sleep-based activity is plagiarising various sources of horror and crime fiction I've been exposed to.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 9:02 am

Lately, my dreams have been pretty bad. I dream about being hospitalized and being put away somewhere.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 12:58 pm

It's as if I lead a double life. One in the waking world and one in the dream world. My dreams usually begin where the last one left off. I've seen events and places in my dreams that eventually would play themselves out in my life for real. I've also gotten warnings from deceased relatives.

Mrs Di
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Mar 2017, 2:20 pm

Xeno wrote:
Everyone dreams. It's just that people don't remember all their dreams after waking up. I wish I could remember more of mine, more often. I love having lucid dreams.

....... I can always remember my dreams IF I am woken up mid dream. Are our dreams the reality and our waking time a dream? :wink:

MadZat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2017, 3:27 pm

I have very intense dreams and after waking up I need sometimes five or more minutes to realize that the dream didn't actually happen. Even if the dream was complete nonsense.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 3:47 pm

Can dream with thought stopping.

I have to keep making myself go to sleep, or it's just a nap.

electricsaygeo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Mar 2017, 4:14 pm

I used to have dreams about my old friends leaving me or excluding me, back when that was a fear of mine due to us starting our courses at different universities

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 4:33 pm

I have studied inductions, because I wanted to go on joy rides, but have kept getting messages of a religious or prophetic nature.

I think, I am overstimulated, or there is a lot of emotional trauma, which I am not dealing with, in my conscious life.

As I am half awake, I have a sublingual, verbal dialog about the meaning of it, and get clear answers.

I have meant to do something stupid, or just get some rest, but am getting useful ideas.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 5:03 pm

I've had dreams where I realized I was dreaming. In one, I was at a store and I took everything I was going to buy and asked the cashier if they could put it back because I was going to wake up soon.