Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Melpomene
Raven
Raven

18 Sep 2011, 8:11 am

My teeth are the one thing about me that I actually like. I've never had a single cavity and they grew in perfectly straight. I brush them twice a day and go to the dentist once a year.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2011, 10:36 am

I have good teeth, and am lucky to have had good dentists. My dentist, even though I dread going, is very nice, and calls me hunny bunny, even though he is an adult dentist and I am an adult. So I think often it can be a matter of finding the right match, definitely Ive tried dentists that I never went back to after once.

I had braces as a teen, and didnt really have a choice about it because I had four teeth removed because there was no room for them. The braces were awful, and after they were off I dreaded having the bottom retainer taken off, so I avoided having it done until it caused problems hurting my gums.

If someone I cared about couldnt brush their teeth I would suggest trying to use a mouthwash twice a day to avoid cavities. If mouthwash is out of the question (some burn more than others), I would suggest at the very least trying to find a sensitive toothpaste, and use your finger to get it on your teeth twice a day and rub it around and then rinse it out. Or they make those disposeable "brushes" on a stick that are a soft sponge that is round that you can use.

At the very very least, you could wash your mouth out with water after you eat or snack or drink a pop so that the food doesnt stay in there and erode the tooth.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 10:59 am

My teeth are fine. It is my gums that are a disaster.

ruveyn

militia71
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

I've always been told I have really great teeth by my dentists. However, I have been clenching and grinding my teeth since I was a toddler. My parents said they could hear it throughout the house at night. This has created many cracks in my teeth and has even lead to the tips of my canine teeth chipping off. Sometimes, when I remember, I wear a guard. But, no cavities-- no bridges-- no crowns, etc. Just two nasty knots in both my temporalis muscles. I am very picky about the flavor of my toothpaste and the softness of the bristles on my toothbrush. I follow a very specific pattern when brushing. But, I could careless about the staining my tea addiction causes. Chomp.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Sep 2011, 7:39 pm

I am 46 and never had a cavity. But I do not floss, and I often only brush my teeth once a day (at night). Growing up I always tried to brush twice a day. My teeth stay clean. A dentist told me I have extremely thick enamel.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 7:48 pm

When I was young brushing my teeth meant stabbing nerve pain. They decided my teeth had not developed enough dentin to protect the nerve after being treated with tetracycline for pneumonia when I was a baby. I never developed good habits and only in adulthood have I been more diligent. They look better than they actually are-but that's not to say they look great.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 9:36 pm

My teeth are pretty alright. Except for one vampiric snaggletooth fang on the bottom (really) and one backwards fang on the top (also true, vy rare.)

I'm 36, almost never brush, had 2 cvities in my life. One got "filled," and I kicked the other on's hieney with cavracol oil.

I drink coffee and smoke cigs like a fiend, so there's a bit of a british patina in my maw. But I avoid refined sugars like the plague. So there.

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

I have perfect teeth now. I have full dentures. They never hurt, and if any sore place develops, I can take them out or glue them down to make a cushion where they don't move. I had terrible teeth all my life, and my wisdom teeth came right in, and there was plenty of room for them, and rotted right out so they all had to be pulled before I was 25: I don't think they had very good enamel, and the rest of my teeth were not quite as bad. I think I drank too much cola and not enough milk while I was a teenager and the wisdom teeth were forming. I had full crowns on several teeth before I was thirty. They were endless pain and hassle and expense all my life, and I'm glad they're gone!