What are some of the things you have been yelled at work for

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 8:14 am

I have been yelled yet for faxing a wrong paper I was called mad hat, fool, idiot etc

I have been also yelled yet and called psycho and dumbo by one boss for no apparent reason

Many times called crackpot etc and last workplace i was asked whether something is wrong
with me because i never smile

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2011, 12:23 pm

I was yelled at by the same teacher for.....

Getting a huge project done two days before it was needed to to be done.

Not knowing the problems of some of the students because I was never told.

having other teachers to work with and did not tell her(she knew what time I am there)

not making it to my other teachers because she would not let me leave her class.

being polite(saying hello as I enter the class and telling her bye as I leave)

Not letting her know I am leaving.

missing her class all together because I was swhiched to the intervation room for a week. (had no power over the change)

not calling to let her know I was to sick to come into work(called the school)

missing trainning

making to training

for not working with the ASD kids (was not my job)

asking for training on working with ASD kids.(still not my job but was yelled being told its not my job)

asking for a meeting on porblems I am having.

(Time at target)
Yelled at up and down my first day because I knew nothing at all and was just slowing down the others (was my first day in an area I was not a part of)

Yelled at on my first night closing because I was given the most ruined area and did not know what to do.

Yelled at by the store owner for bringing up my lack of training and wasting her time about being yelled at.

was yelled at for getting to my lunch 20 minutes late(I had no cover and the MODs would not let me go till I did)

yelled at for being slow in cleaning my area. (was called to cashier every five minutes)

yelled at for being in the wrong area(was not my earea told the MODS three times its not)

yell at for trying to put things in the wrong area(said right on the box I was right. walked off the job after that)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

I have never really been yelled at when I've had jobs....but usually the main complaint is I am too slow and just the general lack of social skills probably has them wondering what they got into by hiring me.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:22 am

Very sorry to hear your nasty experiences....but i went through the same. It was horrible and disgusting always been picked upon and humiliated.

Quote:

I have a supervisor who listens to our calls and scores them. If I dont score well and usually I dont by her standards, she demands an explanation. She told me I was very unhelpful to a very very nasty customer. When I explained how nasty the customer was, she said she listened to the call and "I dont blame her for being nasty to you. I would have been too" Fast food places suck, I agree. I think there is a law that if a place pays you minimum wage, the boss MUST be a jerk who will never fire you no matter what but will make your life hell if he doesnt like you. I had one of those when I was a delivery driver at Pizza Hut years ago. The manager decided he wanted me washing dishes between deliveries. If he ever saw me doing anything but washing dishes, he would scream at me. I went to the bathroom and when I came out, he says,"those dishes arent going to wash themselves". Not only that but I usually came in about 5 or 6. Dishes would be left all day waiting for me to do when I got in. All other employees could be goofing off doing nothing but I better be washing those dishes. He then cut me down to 3 hours one week so I just told him to not even bother putting me on the schedule anymore. I also worked at Kinko's. They hired me as a delivery driver as well. The guy I replaced had been there for four years and somehow within two weeks, I was expected to be as knowledgeable as he was. If I made a mistake which was often because they didnt train me worth a crap, I would be told, "Jimmy (not his real name) could do this. Why cant you?" Jimmy didnt leave Kinko's, he just strted working in the store. Then one time, they told me I couldnt do a price quote and then yelled at me for not knowing how to do one.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:52 am

What are some of the things that I have been yelled at work for?

- Arriving too early.
- Asking a vendor to "rush" a shipment.
- Asking too many questions.
- Being too neat.
- Doing something right (correctly).
- Doing the right thing (ethically).
- Dressing for success.
- Dressing like a bum.
- Eating lunch in my office.
- Finishing after the deadline.
- Finishing at the deadline.
- Finishing before the deadline.
- Frowning.
- Leaving too late.
- Not asking a vendor to "rush" a shipment.
- Not asking enough questions.
- Not being neat enough.
- Not saying "Good Morning" to my co-workers.
- Not talking to a customer.
- Saying "Good Morning" to my co-workers.
- Smiling.
- Taking my unpaid lunch break outside of the building.
- Taking my own intitiative.
- Talking to a customer.
- Waiting for orders.

AND ... (wait for it) ...

... having a "Bad Attitude"!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2011, 7:43 am

Closest I came to being yelled at was my first (and only) night cleaning toilets in an office building. I'd done a cleaning course, and when I graduated I got this job. I wanted to do a good job, so I went as fast and as thoroughly as possible. Boss came in after several hours and wanted to know if I was sleeping because I was so far behind.

Turns out I was too thorough. I was cleaning everything. Apparently I was supposed to only clean what looked dirty.

Aspergers445
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2017, 11:49 am

Well I am going to be honest here. Reading these stories about being shouted at by a manager angers me. And I think they are discriminating us because of having ASD. It's disgraceful! Everyone should be treated equally even if they have a disability. Employers think AS people have an attitude problem when in actual fact, I think employers are the ones with the bad attitude towards ASD employees. I am currently unemployed at the moment and I am anxious that when I get a new job eventually, I am going to be treated like dirt. It's disgusting to be shouted at by your boss even if you are doing something correctly but like I said, I think employers are just trying it on and doing everything they can to make the Aspie's life miserable. At the end of the day, employees have feelings too. Its not all about the boss.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2017, 4:02 pm

In my line of work, I could get yelled at by being aggressive and ordering the products my company may want us to push but our accounts might not want. It's part of the job. Other than that, I run the show since i work alone 95% of the time.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."