Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

macandpea
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Mar 2016, 8:32 am

Bra shopping is such a hassle because of my odd shaped body - narrow shoulders, wide rib cage - I buy them to fit my ribs and the straps fall down all the time. Also losing a lot of weight recently has lead to major boob shrinkage - I've gone from an F cup to a C cup. I had to buy all new bras along the way and they're expensive dang it.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 6:02 am

EvaSmith wrote:
-froggo- wrote:

I get my bras from Bravissimo, and they sell them from D and up. :D

I do the same, they're so much more comfortable than any of the others I've ever had. I went about three months ago and it was like a revelation; I don't think I'd ever had a bra that actually fitted properly before even when I'd supposedly had them fittted elsewhere.

I know! I've spent years hating my boobs because I was never comfortable with any bra I had or even when I had no bra on. Then I went to bravissimo and I have never known comfort like this since I was a b cup. Though this bra is due for a replacement soon, it's still miles better than going to debenhams and getting a bra that's "close enough".

Cardia

01 Apr 2017, 10:21 pm

I have had dryness under my boobs for a few months now. A rash (non-itchy) has developed under each boob spread out a bit into my lower ribcage area. I tried to find a picture that resembled it online and the best I can describe it as is the patchy rash look that measles gives. The rash is kind of in my under arm area as well... I am scared to see dermatologists, I have a fear of getting diagnosed with anything. :(

Cardia

01 Apr 2017, 10:25 pm

macandpea wrote:
Bra shopping is such a hassle because of my odd shaped body - narrow shoulders, wide rib cage - I buy them to fit my ribs and the straps fall down all the time. Also losing a lot of weight recently has lead to major boob shrinkage - I've gone from an F cup to a C cup. I had to buy all new bras along the way and they're expensive dang it.

I have the same issue! Small shoulders and a wide rib cage, and with my cup size being D my boobs weigh down the straps, I find that the straps are never able to support my boobs because I keep having to tighten them due to stretching over time. And when they become looser, they always fall down -_-

banyanya
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Apr 2017, 1:53 pm

i stopped wearing bras . my boobs hurt at first but they got used to it and now wearing a bra feels wrong.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 7:26 am

... I would rather be flat chested. :x So I don't have to deal with it. But I would rather not make an initiative out of it to regret something later.
So I'd pay the attention to it as least as possible and not make an issue out of it.

At least it's not as huge and inconvenient, size wise.
Still, why do I have to wear a bra? Why does it get on the way when I lie on my front? Why does it have to be annoying when I run or jump? And does it have to be delicate if I end up bumping with it?

That's all I could ever rant about having breasts. Lol.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 10:34 pm

goofygoobers wrote:
My breasts are unevenly sized. Ever since my breasts have started to develop, my right boob has been bigger than my left.
Same, except left is bigger.

I've gained 30kgs in the last few years (damn medication) and so my boobs have grown from a 12DD to a 14F. That's Aussie sizes. I'm not very tall - 163cm - so my boobs are very big on me.

I would love a breast reduction.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 12:27 pm

I hate bras and having large breasts in general. I wear them just because I feel uncomfortable going out in public without one. Most of mine come from Kmart or Walmart, I wish I had some more comfortable ones that fit better, but at this point in time, I can't afford them. I can't stand the padded ones or ones with wire.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:39 pm

How are you meant to go to sleep when your breasts ache when you lie on your stomach but it's too bright when you lie on your sides or your back?...

PoseyBuster88
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2020, 11:22 pm

I find that having a pillow next to me that I lean on a bit helps. So instead of being completely flat on my stomach (smashing the boobs) or totally on my side (hip unhappy, lights in eyes), I am at an angle between those two. I also bought good curtains to block light.

A friend of mine trained herself to be able to sleep with an eye mask on. They make me feel claustrophobic, but might work for you.

AriaEclipse
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2020, 1:51 pm

I would like to know why so many bras without padding (especially in larger sizes) have an uncomfortable seam in the middle of the cup? They are so irritating to the skin and that's why I mostly wear sports bras plus they cost so much less.

My Tumblr

PoseyBuster88
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2020, 3:38 pm

AriaEclipse wrote:
I would like to know why so many bras without padding (especially in larger sizes) have an uncomfortable seam in the middle of the cup? They are so irritating to the skin and that's why I mostly wear sports bras plus they cost so much less.

I think it is because they have to put together multiple pieces of fabric to turn two dimensional fabric into a deep enough 3D boob holder. But it would be nice if they could put a soft lining to cover the seams...

I tend to like the thin molded foam cups for that reason. But they still have underwires, which are no fun.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2020, 3:38 am

I think only nursing bras and some sports models offer better quality in larger sizes without underwires.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

robotrecall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: In a floating candy house with a flying pet unicorn

10 Sep 2020, 5:33 pm

No idea what my actual bra size is because I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the wrong size. Calculators don't help either. I have 5 bras I own, and 3 of them don't fit right. I have 3 34b's, a 34c and a 32d, and only the one 32d and 34b actually seems to fit me correctly. The bust sizes for the other three fit right, but the bands are too big. I'm not sure if I'm a 32e or a 32d really tho. My bust is 37" and band is 32". Also tired of the stereotypical crap of people think cup size= bigger. No, that's not how it works. The cup sizes means the difference between your band measurement and bust measurement.

PoseyBuster88
Toucan
Toucan

10 Sep 2020, 11:21 pm

robotrecall wrote:
No idea what my actual bra size is because I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the wrong size. Calculators don't help either. I have 5 bras I own, and 3 of them don't fit right. I have 3 34b's, a 34c and a 32d, and only the one 32d and 34b actually seems to fit me correctly. The bust sizes for the other three fit right, but the bands are too big. I'm not sure if I'm a 32e or a 32d really tho. My bust is 37" and band is 32". Also tired of the stereotypical crap of people think cup size= bigger. No, that's not how it works. The cup sizes means the difference between your band measurement and bust measurement.

Unfortunately, you really have to try things on to figure out what really fits, but most women wear too big a band, and should go down a number (or more) and up a cup size (or more). When you buy a bra, it should feel snug while on the loosest hook. Not snug enough to dig into your skin, but enough the band doesn't shift around or creep up in the back. And no boob spillage, even when your shoulders are back and you've pulled your whole boob up fully into the cup.

Once you are pretty sure you know your size (likely 32d or e), you'll still find that in some brands and styles going up or down a bit makes things fit better. And on top of that, some bras just won't fit right because there are lots of different shapes/placements of boobs, and different shoulder widths, etc, and different bras were made with different boobs/bodies in mind. *sigh.*

The site "bratabase" can be helpful if you are ordering online - users input measurements for different bras, so if you measure one that fits you well, you can find similar ones.

One last note - if you find that going up a cup size means the boob part of the bra is too wide for you (because some bra makers use the same underwire for 36b and 32d, despite the fact that the torso dimensions are different), you may need to go up a band size (34c, using the current example) and then take in the band. You can also bend the underwire to fit the curve of your ribcage to help with that issue. Because underwires digging into ribs/poking armpits are no fun.

robotrecall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: In a floating candy house with a flying pet unicorn

13 Sep 2020, 9:35 am

PoseyBuster88 wrote:
robotrecall wrote:

Unfortunately, you really have to try things on to figure out what really fits, but most women wear too big a band, and should go down a number (or more) and up a cup size (or more). When you buy a bra, it should feel snug while on the loosest hook. Not snug enough to dig into your skin, but enough the band doesn't shift around or creep up in the back. And no boob spillage, even when your shoulders are back and you've pulled your whole boob up fully into the cup.

Once you are pretty sure you know your size (likely 32d or e), you'll still find that in some brands and styles going up or down a bit makes things fit better. And on top of that, some bras just won't fit right because there are lots of different shapes/placements of boobs, and different shoulder widths, etc, and different bras were made with different boobs/bodies in mind. *sigh.*

The site "bratabase" can be helpful if you are ordering online - users input measurements for different bras, so if you measure one that fits you well, you can find similar ones.

One last note - if you find that going up a cup size means the boob part of the bra is too wide for you (because some bra makers use the same underwire for 36b and 32d, despite the fact that the torso dimensions are different), you may need to go up a band size (34c, using the current example) and then take in the band. You can also bend the underwire to fit the curve of your ribcage to help with that issue. Because underwires digging into ribs/poking armpits are no fun.

Thanks for the info! I figured that most women wear the wrong bra size; they wear too big of a band (go figure why 60% of my bras can't fit). I'm more of a bottom heavy shape (more like a pear or a spoon idk), so my shoulders are narrower, and it seems like the straps have to be tightened all the way. I have hard time finding bras that fit tho because my boobs are average, but on the smaller end, plus the band and bust measurement difference.