Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 5:13 pm

I seem to have the opposite problem. Last time I was brave enough to get measured they decided that I was probably 36AA, but they didn't sell that size. Luckily 34A actually seems to fit fairly well. :roll:

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

Gremmie wrote:
I seem to have the opposite problem. Last time I was brave enough to get measured they decided that I was probably 36AA, but they didn't sell that size. Luckily 34A actually seems to fit fairly well. :roll:

apparently lots of shops recommend a bigger band size than you truly need anyway. like they'll say someone's a 34b when a 32c would be far more suitable. i read a blog once where a lady went to loads of different shops on the same day and the differences in what sizes they suggested was really suprising.
dunno about you but reading threads like this makes me kinda grateful to have small boobies.

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 3:37 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Gremmie wrote:

apparently lots of shops recommend a bigger band size than you truly need anyway. like they'll say someone's a 34b when a 32c would be far more suitable. i read a blog once where a lady went to loads of different shops on the same day and the differences in what sizes they suggested was really suprising.
dunno about you but reading threads like this makes me kinda grateful to have small boobies.

If a 34 A fits, you probably shouldn't try to wear something 2 inches larger.

I'd like to have small enough boobs that I could get away without wearing a bra, but also quite like my current ones... just not in clothes.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

I'm a 36C, but I wore pretty much nothing but flattening sports bras until my mid-20s because I hated having men stare at them.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

I hate having boobs, & I despise bras. They bind & pinch, ride up, & are never supportive enough. Used to wear a 34b, now it's a 38d. To me, mine seem like a couple of mega sized watermelons that do nothing but get in my way. If I had plenty of money, I'd have them removed. I'd rather deal with being flat chested...at least you can add padding if needed. When you have too much, you're stuck.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 12:23 am

I hate bra shopping. Luckily with nursing, I am able to find bras that are in bigger sizes. I guess the company figures womens boobs grows many sizes they they must make big nursing bras so stores sell them. I wear a 36 DD/E or 34 E. I'd have to look at my new bras again and see.

But I used to struggle finding them in my size but now with nursing, I buy nursing bras and lot of them are in big sizes.

I would recommend buying nursing bras even though you aren't nursing but you'd sure have an easier time finding them in your size.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 4:17 am

I seem to have the opposite problem. Im a 34 A but my boobs the diameter is too wide but not deep enough for typical bras plus I have long shoulders so often I need to adjust the strap the longest they can go, sometimes the bra strap is not long enough. I have problems with bra straps not staying on my shoulders. I finally found a bra that fits after years of searching. But it has an underwire which is not the most comfortable which causes discomfort.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 7:41 am

Who was that member here who used to be a professional bra fitter? She gave some good advice!

Like someone above, my boobs have a large diameter but a smallish profile, so I tend to have a little bit of spare room in the cup. I'm a 12C-12D at the moment. 12D in some shops as their 12C cups actually look too small according to discerning my eye. There are no strict standards for bra sizes I've found. One shop's 12D might look and fit exactly the same as another shop's 12C.

Anyway, the relatively cheap Hestia brand of bra's fit me nicely, even if they're a bit plain and basic. I liked their plunge bras but they don't sell them anymore :(

It's really important that you do have the straps nice and tight too (but not enough to dig in to your shoulders) as the length of the straps determines the amount of lift (wearing a bra and still having your chest look saggy defeats the purpose of wearing a bra IMO)

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

blue_bean wrote:
Who was that member here who used to be a professional bra fitter? She gave some good advice!

i can't remember but i remember they rocked! i ended up buying a different bra size haha.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

Your referring to that Polish lass Volodoja (spelling?)

Dunno what happened to her. She's either dead or sick.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

Laz wrote:

Or she stopped posting here? :lol:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm

Erisad wrote:
Laz wrote:

Or she stopped posting here? :lol:

She'l be back, they always come back.

Or i'll go abduct her from Danzig 8)

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

Laz wrote:

bingo.
it's kinda rude of her to be sick when we have brassieres to buy.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:28 pm

Well what was really rude was she left before I could convince her to have my babies. That just totally disrupted my Fen-Chi

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

what a b*tch.
it's almost as if my boobs and your reproductive needs didn't matter.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

I always have issues finding bras. My boobs themselves are not too big but my ribcage is small but wide - meaning there is more space in between my boobs. I would probably be a C, but I wear a 32/34D-DD. It's weird.

Also, I can never find bras that support my boobs, even though they're not that big... I buy the ones with the thicker straps because I can't stand if they move around at all. It's a huge pain.