Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2017, 8:48 pm

johnsmcjohn wrote:
I don't know if AS plays a factor in this, but I have incredibly vivid dreams. And I more often than not remember them perfectly. I think a reason why is that I dream very quickly once I go to sleep. Most people(again I don't know if people on the spectrum are different) begin REM sleep about 90 minutes in. My entire life I've been able to dream with as little as 15 minutes sleep. I think that, along with the fact that I usually wake up during a dream combine to make the dreams I have unusually memorable.

it probably does.

FeardyBase
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Mar 2017, 9:55 pm

I rarely have dreams I can remember, those I do are not safe for work.. or reporting or repeating on a public forum.
The only other pattern I've been able to spot is that they tend to be on nights where I'm somewhere I have to wear stuff to bed, which isn't the case at home.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2017, 9:06 am

My dreams turned bad about a month ago. Not so long ago, I had dreams about my cats and about going to a tennis tournament or some other kind of travel. That changed last month. Since then, I've had a couple of dreams where I was forced to leave my home and go into a nursing home. They said I was hopeless and there was no purpose to my life.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm

Personally, I'm especially interested in (sleep) dreams involving active participation with other people; that is dreams may offer important insights regarding social-skills.

Lately, a common theme with social-interaction dreams involves misunderstandings that discourages NeuroTypical (NT) groups (of two or three people) from associating with a person with Aspergers.

What was especially surprising about these dreams was my active participation (in accord with the groups wishes) got misunderstood. Active participation by a person with Aspergers can also be misunderstood in "the eyes of NTs" as a person who is "tuning-out" and "beating to their own drum" so to speak!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 10:19 pm

I have frequent dreams that I'm younger and living with my family and many of those dreams have been about us moving into a new house. The last time I had one of those dreams, my parents told me to be intelligent about the move. The owner of the house also said that he had a pet shark in his in ground swimming pool, but she's a very friendly shark.