Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tantricbadass
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jun 2011, 8:50 pm

Hello.I was looking at my score on a aspie test.I was relieve to know that I still have some traits.I also saw some faces and stuff in the wall.Apparently I cant see patterns in dark rooms(which my room is because only a lamp lights it most of the time).Anyway, one of the questions was "do you dream most nights".This got me thinking.I am fascinated by dreams and it is a blessing in my religion obtain the ability to lucid dream(knowing you are dreaming and controlling the dream).Hopefully after I get infinite lifetime insurance from my mantras my guru will try to teach me again.(you must have so many questions)I noticed I have been dreaming more because school is out(much less stress).I was wondering what are your thoughts on dreams?How often do you dream?What are they about?What is the link between dreams and aspergers?I dream about strange things.I once remember dreaming about giving birth to a Shinto god through my left leg and than waking up with a Charlie horse.I played in a movie as a starving orphan with Steve carel,he later denied the fact so I punch him,cursed at him, and ran away.I found this room where Steve Colbert was a giant and I went into a electric elevator tower.I once dreamed about a red headed genius who stole a princess(and her room on top of a tower) with a giant claw attach to a helicopter.They hunted for falling stars that would turn into jewels.When the princess got around them she would turn into a giant monster.They found them and they lived happily ever afterI recently dreamed I was in a new school and there was a platform which led to a rope latter in the shape of a L and a up side down L put together and i had to climb it to go up stairs which is where my classes were.I lost my lunchbox and no one help go get it.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

I very rarely remember my dreams.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:21 pm

I don't know if AS plays a factor in this, but I have incredibly vivid dreams. And I more often than not remember them perfectly. I think a reason why is that I dream very quickly once I go to sleep. Most people(again I don't know if people on the spectrum are different) begin REM sleep about 90 minutes in. My entire life I've been able to dream with as little as 15 minutes sleep. I think that, along with the fact that I usually wake up during a dream combine to make the dreams I have unusually memorable.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:27 pm

johnsmcjohn wrote:
I don't know if AS plays a factor in this, but I have incredibly vivid dreams. And I more often than not remember them perfectly. I think a reason why is that I dream very quickly once I go to sleep. Most people(again I don't know if people on the spectrum are different) begin REM sleep about 90 minutes in. My entire life I've been able to dream with as little as 15 minutes sleep. I think that, along with the fact that I usually wake up during a dream combine to make the dreams I have unusually memorable.

I start dreaming pretty fast too...

My recurring dreams are generally about my pet and then about my family. I sorta dream mostly about things from the past like something I've lost. My dreams are mostly neutral nothing exciting or sad. Just random activities from during the day.

My dreams are mostly just a continuation of my state of mind...

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

I dont remember most of my dreams... but those that i do remember are really abstract and exotic... however i have quite an interesting dream i get every so often that i would like to share...
Hopefully you all get a laugh out of this... :D

Well i used to get this dream about halfway through high school... about 4 years ago... basically i would as normal get up, shower, eat and walk to the bus stop... i used to have 20 or 30 odd kids at the one bus stop... anyway one of the younger kids would come up to me and say "why are you naked? thats very inappropriate"... i would say to him... "how could i be naked? pretty sure i would know if im naked"... then i would look down at my teal coloured... OH s**t.... im naked 8O ... everyone would laugh at me and whatnot... it was so embarrassing... depending on the dream i would sometimes have a spare uniform or someone would lend me one of their sport uniforms...

So i would ride the bus to school sometimes the nakedness would happen again on the bus sometimes not... but always when everyone was rushing to their roll call or homeroom classes it would happen again... i would just suddenly be naked in front of the school... it was so hectic it all seemed so real... and i would be like "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?... I DONT WANT TO BE NAKED!?!?!??!"........... :evil:
i would then by some means end up with another uniform... so then i would figure that if i had my mind on it all day... it would stay there... but as it turns out someone will bring it up to me during the lunch break... and i would maybe laugh and say "yeah i just cant help it..."... then look down to find im naked again... by now i would be taken to the principal who would be so insulted that im still standing naked in front of her despite having taken clothing from the front office specifically so i would not be naked for her... from there im suspended for weeks and nobody ever forgot that i went to school naked...

Havent had this dream since i finished school... maybe ill be naked at work next time? who knows... :?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:34 pm

I've had dreams that I was fully clothed and everybody was either naked or wearing underwear.

zobier
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jun 2011, 12:47 am

I have a lot of random/abstract dreams. I occasionally have lucid dreams. There are also places that I recurrently visit, like a dream universe.

sam_wi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jun 2011, 7:22 am

I have very vivid dreams, but they are boring as hell...
when I was a kid I used to mostly dream about going to school. In my dream I would go to school, walk down corridors, have lessons and come home. That's it - often lucid, but hardly exciting!

Last night I had quite a good dream, I dreamed it was Easter and my family all brought me Easter eggs, but they were all Mars / Nestle or Thorntons Easter eggs, and not a single Cadburys Easter egg, which is my favourite, so I was really disappointed in my dream. Its about what happens most Easters :-)

When I was at university I would often solve techincal problems in my sleep (about half the time lucid, and I would remember the answer, other times I would just kind of "know" what to do in the morning). Sometimes I still do this with my work, if something nasty/meaty comes up and I can't fix it in the day, I can almost always fix it immediately the next morning. Sadly, problems this interesting rarely come up at work these days.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 10:09 am

I used to have bad nightmares when I was very young. In the one that disturbed me the most, and which often recurred, I am unable to see, hear or feel anything. It is like I am floating in an infinite dark space. I feel calm and content to begin with and quite exhilerated, but I begin to feel like I am not alone and that something is approaching. A very slow, creeping feeling of dread builds and I am overcome with panic and terror before I wake up.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 11:05 am

When I dream: I dream in Color, I even remember my dreams, even sometimes my dreams integrate my senses, Alot of times I Lucid Dream which comes natrual to me.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

I always remember my dreams. I often have recurring dreams. Whenever I develop a new special intrest my dreams involve that and are kinda weird but are cool too. I remember the goofy dreams I had when Titan A.E. became a special intrest. I don't know if my intrest in the hallow earth theory could ever qulafy as a special intrest but I did have dreams about it. Odd, the inside of the earth looks just like the labyrinth zone of the first sonic game. Sonic is my newest special intrest and I've had my fair share of goofy related dreams, but this was before it became a special intrest.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

I rarely ever remember my dreams...at least the normal ones. There has to be something different about it to make it memorable. I've had some dreams that stay with me long after I've awoken. I had a couple that were very vivid...one with really dreamy soft colors about dolphins. Another that was something right out of a sci fi movie (nothing I've seen resembled it though), & it was about the oppression of the human race. Still mulling about how to turn it into a book. I've also occasionally dreamed in black & white. Some of my dreams when I was a little kid were very violent (Still remember those too after all these years). I've had a recurring dream about a carnival or amusement park. It changes a bit, but some of the scenes are the same (deja vu feeling upon waking). My dreams can be pleasant, reassuring, or downright terrifyingly real.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

martianfish
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jun 2011, 9:22 am

i know who people are in my dreams, yet i never see their faces. anyone else dream like this ?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

I can usually remember my dreams, and they don't ever reoccur, not since I was very young. That makes it very hard to go lucid.

I did have a reoccuring dream when I was little. It was a nightmare that you'll probably find amusing. I would be in my bed at night (shock!) with a cartoon wolf hovering to the side of my bed. He'd say "little pig, little pig, let me come in" in a slower tempo than he usually does in the story. I'd say "no!", and he'd say something like "well I'm going to eat you!", and I'd fall down a well.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 8:32 pm

I sincerely hope most of my dreams are more interesting than the ones I remember, which feature endless and ever-proliferating corridors leading to some elusive goal. They are so exhausting and boring that sometimes I think, "Hey, I don't have to put up with this, it's a dream" and wake up.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2017, 8:48 pm

johnsmcjohn wrote:

it probably does.