Are you good at making accents , vocies, copying people

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mattithyahu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Apr 2012, 9:43 am

I've always been able to copy voices with great accuracy, both voluntarily and not. Whenever I involuntarily mimic a foreign person's voice the nearest local adult pulls me aside and tells me its not "nice." Of course later the xeno would ask if I'm from his/her country. The only dialect I have not been able to pick up is that which is spoken in New Jersey, which happens to be where I live.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 9:50 am

Yes, I'm very good at this. I am currently working to perfect my Chinese accent, which is something I actually have to learn...weird considering I am Chinese but speak english with an American accent, or British, if i feel like it. I find mimicking the chinese accent quite difficult, actually.

evil_expresso
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2012, 7:33 pm

I noticed I have a tendency to mimic my friend's "sayings" and "idioms"; however, I only use such idioms in social situations I am not sure what to say or do.

It's like acting and then hoping you won't come across as completely socially inept :D oh well!

Ppl gonna hate!

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

I can mimic voices pretty well--I can do a good Kermit the Frog, for instance. I'm hit-and-miss on accents, though.

Quote:
I noticed I have a tendency to mimic my friend's "sayings" and "idioms"; however, I only use such idioms in social situations I am not sure what to say or do.

Yep, I do this as well. I'll sometimes adapt their mannerisms, too, because, well, I don't have many of my own. :?

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 8:10 pm

Mainly animal sounds. :D And of course video game/cartoon characters!

falonsayswoah

19 Apr 2012, 8:42 pm

I've noticed that if I talk to a certain friend a lot, I'll pick up on how they speak. Also, if I watch a bunch of interviews that a certain actor or musician does, I'll start speaking like them. I talk a lot like Allison Robertson from my favorite band The Donnas.

Diagnosis: Major Depressive Affective Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mild PTSD, Agoraphobia with Panic Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder of childhood with hyperactivity (more inattentive, though), Mild OCD, Social Phobia, Tourette's Syndrome

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 8:45 pm

I am good at it.

spaceappleseed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2012, 10:50 pm

I'm very good with accents. I'm also constantly aware of other people's accents, to the point of annoyance. I think that after I became aware of others' accents when I was a child I subconsciously avoided having a Southern accent. No one ever believes me when I tell them that I've always lived in Tennessee.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:56 am

I seem to subconsciously absorb other peoples accents if I've been around them for a few days. My dad's family lives in Arkansas and have a southern accent, opposed to my midwestern (St Louis) accent.

Every time I go down there I start to adopt their accent by the end of the first day without even realizing it :)

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

Feline1982
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2012, 1:23 am

Yep, I'm good with voices :)

Mooby blues: Melancholy man

(Feline is Not-native Englishspeakker, excuse my freaky grammar or någonting)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 2:06 am

Yeah im great at voices and impersonating other people at times I am also exceptional at making cat meowing sounds. When I speak in a foreign language I sound like a native as well.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 9:34 am

I would say that i am good at taking the piss out of peoples accents and i pronounced foreign names to a good standard.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 1:37 am

Hey Aspardon,
I've been told my voices are pretty good. I think my Dr Zoidberg is particularly good if I pinch my cheeks just on either side of my mouth. I also pick up language pretty quickly when I've tried teaching myself.

MunchSnacks
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Apr 2012, 5:29 am

I can change my voice at will, it's loads of fun! :D

riot_gun

21 Apr 2012, 2:52 pm

I'm not terrifically good at voices, but I'm pretty good with accents. Generally, though, I can only accurately copy phrases in accents, I can't produce novel sentences as well.

Koi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

Same same. And I always pride myself in being able to pronounce other languages well.

I will also just randomly talk in other silly accents. But I think it scares some people if they don't know me :lol: