Did your partner/ex partner say you've changed?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 2:14 am

When people meet, they have this new persona but then after three to six months they start to change and that is actually the real them. I used to think it was an act they were doing but I got told when people meet someone and they like them, it boosts something in their brain so they change and then after a while it wears off and they quit doing it and be themselves again. I then realized maybe it's not some game they are doing, it's psychological so they may not even realize it.

I remember my last ex saying I changed when I didn't. He just didn't know me very well and he learned more about me and thought I changed.

My husband even says I changed too but just a little bit.

I had wondered is it possible to be different when you meet someone and then change by going back to your real self and not even be aware of the whole thing?

Has your partner or ex ever tell you you had changed? Did you think you had changed or were just the same person as always?

I honestly think I was the same person as always and a little part of me thinks it's possible I may have changed when I met my ex's and my husband and then changed again and I just wasn't aware of it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Jun 2011, 3:49 am

My ex told me I changed in the middle of our relationship but she meant it in a good way; I had become a better person because of her. Looking back I probably wasn't the real me in the begging. I had created a persona of being a psychotic disturbed ass because I was overly sensitive & worried people would reject me for being the real me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 9:19 am

My first boyfriend might say I changed, though I haven't seen him in a long time. He might say I seem more assertive and less cutesy.

I hope he's probably changed too (more confident and less dependant on people to make him feel good I hope).

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 10:22 am

He has. I suppose I did, but I don't think it's such a bad thing.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 10:34 am

Pre op or post op :?:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

Laz wrote:
Pre op or post op :?:

???

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 3:44 pm

Could be that people tend to be on their best behaviour when they first meet someone. Then the love wears off a bit. People also do naturally change with time. I hope.