Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 11:28 am

Umm, yes,SyphonFilter. Therefore I think we should celebrate today... :P

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

Like a "dog is not just for christmas", autism is not just for "autism pride day".

Joke aside, I think that while the AS community could (and has) learn a lot from the gay rights / gay pride movement I am not sure how best we could have a AS pride day.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

Quote:
Today is Autistic Pride Day!

today is Satur Day in my world.

how can i be "proud" of what i am when i had no hand in my genesis?
i was born the way i was without one scintilla of effort exerted by me in my formulation or construction.

what is "pride" anyway? i have heard the word a million times in a thousand different contexts, and i gather that it is a feeling of internal fortification that results from a person's positive appraisal of their performance pertinent to a field of criteria that they consider important.

i am not proud of who i am , i am content with who i am, and i need not show anything to anyone in order to feel full of being.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

why are you all shooting down the OP? he/she is just trying to remind us of soething nice.

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

Phonic wrote:
why are you all shooting down the OP? he/she is just trying to remind us of soething nice.

That's fine. Thank you. :P

Have a nice night :P

Proud of ourselves :P

Celebrating!! !! !! !! !! !!

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

metaphysics wrote:
In my opinion, we can celebrate our obsession, our complex thinking, etc. All unique things that only you possess....

My thinking was never really complex. My main AS effect was mostly communication issues. I never had this whole "little professor syndrome" thing like everyone else unfortunately. So yeah, not many up-sides about my AS for me to celebrate. Ah well. I could care less.

I think i'll spend Autistic Pride Day writing a script for a friends YouTube show.

Teebst
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jun 2011, 4:07 pm

I will have a cupcake and smile (even if no one can tell I'm smiling) :D

Duthowlie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

I'm celebrating right now by giving myself an enjoyable dinner together with an appropriate musical soundtrack.

Also by unlurking and expressing a hearty greeting to all of you!

Oh, sing a song of joy
Sweet childhood, never desert me
Time for celebration, oh!
Overcome with a sense of elation
I'll never let you get to me
Survival is my victory!

:D

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 5:43 pm

Duthowlie wrote:
I'm celebrating right now by giving myself an enjoyable dinner together with an appropriate musical soundtrack.

Also by unlurking and expressing a hearty greeting to all of you!

Oh, sing a song of joy
Sweet childhood, never desert me
Time for celebration, oh!
Overcome with a sense of elation
I'll never let you get to me
Survival is my victory!

:D

You too! :P

TTRSage
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2011, 6:36 pm

I thought Autistic Pride Day was supposedly on April 1 and April 2 of this year when everything was supposed to be lit up blue. I found out about it on April 3... really.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 12:51 am

Today is Avtistic pride day bvt vnfortnately the other 364 days are the Avtistic shame days.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 5:02 am

You Americans have inherited too much German pragmatism..... and too much a commercial sense of life.

I think pragmatic means: relating to matters of fact or practical affairs often to the exclusion of intellectual or artistic matters

I had a good day surfing 10min from home, and met a new friend :) played in the sand with some beautiful children, then sat in a hot pool with friends and lots of young beautiful people(and girls, I was careful not to stare at breasts :wink: )

Fairly normal Sunday for me.

La Dolce Vita

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 10:34 am

Surfman wrote:
You Americans have inherited too much German pragmatism..... and too much a commercial sense of life.

I think pragmatic means: relating to matters of fact or practical affairs often to the exclusion of intellectual or artistic matters

I had a good day surfing 10min from home, and met a new friend :) played in the sand with some beautiful children, then sat in a hot pool with friends and lots of young beautiful people(and girls, I was careful not to stare at breasts :wink: )

La Dolce Vita

that sounds like a horrible day to me. it is a chore to the maximum for me to interact with people in real time, and i would have just dumped my obligations to remain with any of them and i would have gone home.

say "lah vee"

ne'er in the twain do meet we.

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

Surfman wrote:

La Dolce Vita

I am not American.

And I cannot understand why you used pragmatic here...

Would you like to give me some clues please?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 3:44 pm

metaphysics wrote:
Surfman wrote:

La Dolce Vita

I am not American.

And I cannot understand why you used pragmatic here...

Would you like to give me some clues please?

Yes yes I am supporting your thread in a poetic way.............

I was admonishing the replies to your thread that counter your suggesting of seeing beauty.

Sorry to be confusing, my English is of subtle parody and humour. Dont take anything I say seriously.

Dont take anyone seriously :arrow:

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

Thank you for your advice :P

I am trying my bast now to not take things seriously. But I always do so.

However I hope you will not do so. :P

I hope that every day in your life is beautiful, romantic and poetic.