I can't believe how stupid Cartoon Network is

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

rocklobster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2011, 1:05 pm

Is it just me or is Adult Swim the only good thing left on Cartoon Network. I mean they actually put Basketball on! BASKETBALL??? REALLY!! !
That's it, folks. They need a new name. They are not Cartoon Network anymore, not since they started showing stuff like Dude What Would Happen or Destroy Build Destroy or (UGH!) Hole in the Wall. (seriously, Hole in the Wall is the dumbest show ever made!) I have a new name for them: Crappy Network.
Agree? Disagree?

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 1:18 pm

:roll:

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

If they're showing stuff that is NOT cartoons than they are no longer cartoon network. :roll:

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

Agreed. I get onto my brother every time he starts watching the dumb reality shows.

Crazy Old Man Voice: "When I was your age, Cartoon Network actually showed CARTOONS!! ! And MTV still played music! And we walked to school five miles in the snow, gosh darnit you young whippersnapper!"

But I don't think that Adult Swim is any better these days. It was fun to watch back when I was an immature little freshman who just found out what anime and Family Guy was, but now I don't watch it. Maybe I'm more mature or maybe I just got bored with anime. IDK. I just don't like the gross-out humor and animation. Ren and Stempy terrified me as a kid and that kid of thing still makes me uneasy. lol

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

I agree with all that has been said. I miss the days when they only aired cartoons (and good ones) instead of all the crap they air nowadays. Though I do enjoy some of the shows they have on like Adventure Time, Regular Show and Flapjack.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm

Cartoon Network started going down hill when they teamed up with WB/Kids TV. Thats when Tom sold out. Tom was the best thing on Cartoon Network. When he started being "up graded" the shows went down hill. That fact DISNEY now has NARUTO is proof. even adult swim is slowly going down hill with king of the hill.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

I don't really watch Cartoon Network anymore except whenever they show some of their classic cartoons. Although I oppose airing live-action shows on Cartoon Network strictly on principle, I don't dwell too much on it. Cartoon Network isn't the same from when we were little, and there's nothing we can do to change that.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 6:34 pm

Boomerang is the real cartoon network.

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2011, 11:16 pm

thewrll wrote:

I second that, although I think CN has some very good shows right now. Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gumball, Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. I look forward to all of those.

The reality shows, game shows and award shows are meaningless to me, but that's probably because I'm an old man of 37. My sister's kids love that stuff, and they are the demographic that Cartoon Network values the most.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 5:27 pm

when it's not reality shows... it's repeats of Scooby Doo and Johnny Test. there are other cartoons out there, sheesh!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

mori_pastel
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2011, 7:48 pm

Simmian7 wrote:
when it's not reality shows... it's repeats of Scooby Doo and Johnny Test. there are other cartoons out there, sheesh!

Agreed. I especially miss the show you got your avatar from. That was a darn good show.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2011, 3:53 am

thewrll wrote:

Sadly even Boomerang shows live action shows sometimes. Once I was watching it and then... Hole In The Wall. =( I watch Boomerang cause I love those old cartoons and I got that. There's nothing we can do about it though. I do miss the old cartoons but some new ones are good like Adventure Time, Regular Show, that new Scooby-Doo, anddd that's pretty much all I watch on Cartoon Network.

RaveMaster
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2012, 10:22 pm

Toonami was the best the best thing that cartoon network ever did. the saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Toonami wasn't broke. If they were to see how many people wanted Toonami to stay on, They would had to have kept it, the fans wouldn't let it die out. Heres an Idea make a channel that plays nothing but Toonami.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2012, 11:18 pm

RaveMaster wrote:
Toonami was the best the best thing that cartoon network ever did. the saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Toonami wasn't broke. If they were to see how many people wanted Toonami to stay on, They would had to have kept it, the fans wouldn't let it die out. Heres an Idea make a channel that plays nothing but Toonami.

They actually brought toonami back. Unfortunately they don't have much funding right now so the shows they're airing now aren't as good as what they used to air in the 90s and early 00s. But they did do the impossible by bringing it back, so who am I to complain?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

T.V in general can be quite stupid, there is probably more stupid stuff then good stuff regardless of what channel your on.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2012, 12:23 am

Adventure Time is good, the rest is pretty meh.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html