Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2005, 6:24 am

I really feel the need to go out at night to bars and clubs and meet girls and girls and girls.

Problem is the few friends I have are too poor to even do this. I can afford it myself. But I'm just not really happy going out all by myself. It just takes my confidence away.

I haven't tried much by myself - maybe only a few times. But these haven't been pleasant. And I've always come home really depressed, without having met any girls. :(

I dunno - should I make some new friends? Should I try going out by myself again?

car_crash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jan 2005, 8:49 am

you should make some friends and then tell me how to make some. i'd like to go out sometime also

Minus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jan 2005, 10:54 am

I've gone out alone quite a few times as well. It's certainly better when I go with friends.

Last edited by Minus on 22 Oct 2005, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2005, 11:25 am

Before I met Dunc again there was a short period where I would go out alone every weekend. I knew a few people at the club I went to (although they were more acquaintances than friends). I generally had a good time, but that was most likely because I got really drunk and came out of myself a lot. I'd hate to do it now though-partly because it takes me a lot to actually get drunk now.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2005, 2:45 pm

I always get told that I should "get out more and meet people" and to "go down a bar on Saturday night or something"...... There is nothing on earth that fills me with more basic terror and anxiety than the thought of having to walk into a bar alone with the aim of "meeting" people..... I can think of no circumstances, no matter how desperate, under which I could possibly attempt to do this.... :(

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2005, 3:08 pm

I believe all of what all of you have said.

Captain_Brain
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2005, 12:20 am

Yeah. I work in a place with a few seemingly alright people. I might ask them if they want to hang out at a bar and have a fun time chasing girls/guys one night. Whadya think? :|

stjimmy2500
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2005, 2:31 am

Well i heard that its easy to find good bars but as you will find out bout
me i a have a social phobia about bars more below and if your wondering why i posted twice its better than the same post twice

Last edited by stjimmy2500 on 30 Jan 2005, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

stjimmy2500
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2005, 2:31 am

Well i am actully a bit afraid of bars i have no idea why but there it is
I know it's a fine way to met people and also if you go with friends it's really good so they say i guess it's a kinda social phobia and i hate clubs damm techno/pop/rap/house/god-knows-what/ :evil:
but a rock-hall cool :D :D

Vision
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2005, 7:07 am

Some of the nicer bars are intermediating because they attract more sociable people, and I would just feel out of place, which is annoying because they look really nice places. If you go to the less intermediating places for the masses then there full of drunken people which is not pleasant.

I think clubs are the best places if you don't really like chitchat and you’re into club music. I mean clubs where they don't play top40 music, so there not full of drunken people.