Who else is interested in mysterious disappearances?

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

I'm interested in cases of the missing, recently in those which took place in my country. Who else? :) What do you think happened to the people who dissapeared?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 10:27 am

Disappearances are worse than murders. At least with murders, you know what happened.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 10:30 am

Irulan wrote:
I'm interested in cases of the missing, recently in those which took place in my country. Who else? :) What do you think happened to the people who dissapeared?

I suppose my assumption is that they were murdered, or that they chose to disappear (which is becoming increasingly more difficult).
What do you think happened?

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

It would be funny if they went through an interdimensional portal which took them to a different pararel world :D I once read about an old man who forgot who he was and everything he remembered was the war. He had a unique name so I thought his relatives and friends would easily track him down but no, in spite of information on the elderly gentleman found in a city which wasn't his place of living, no one called to say: "hey, I recognize him, that's my grandpa". It turned out later that the elderly man who seemed very educated and who could remember only the WW II and his twin brother, didn't exist - not under the name he gave. No one named like him ever lived in Poland at this time, what is more, his last name didn't exist and there was no one in Poland sharing it with him. so I started to suspect the mysterious Mr. Zygfryd Parybus was an interdimensional traveller :D The end of the whole (quite a famous for some time) story was that he had a completely different name and the one he thought he had was a mere moniker he used during the occupation which turned out when his son saw him on the news (son lived in England). The interdimensional traveler was an ordinary dude from our world who had Alzheimers :x

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 2:30 pm

I think it would be cool if I could just go off and disappear and assume a new identity someplace else. I doubt it change much in my life though.

Numan666
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

strange indeed.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jul 2011, 2:46 pm

I think they stripped naked, walked out to sea and walked back onto a different beach before assuming a new life.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I think they stripped naked, walked out to sea and walked back onto a different beach before assuming a new life.

Lulworth Cove. Gets 'em every time. :wink:

The year is still young.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 4:17 pm

Today I read about a teenage girl from Poland who disappeared at night - she was wearing only her nightgown. There were only 3 strands of her hair found on the carpet in her room. Her grandma thinks she was kidnapped by some evil man who sneaked into her bedroom - like Elizabeth Smart.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

Im scared of them o.O

I don't want to know...if....nvm 8O

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 4:37 pm

Irulan wrote:
Today I read about a teenage girl from Poland who disappeared at night - she was wearing only her nightgown. There were only 3 strands of her hair found on the carpet in her room. Her grandma thinks she was kidnapped by some evil man who sneaked into her bedroom - like Elizabeth Smart.

And it turns out she hanged herself in the attic of their cowshed 8O

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

The case of Jodi Huisentuit has haunted many people for over 10 years. She was an Ohio news anchor, did an early morning show, had become terrified that she was being watched and followed. She didn't show up for work @ 4A.M.,@7A.M. Police were called. Contents of her purse were found by her car at her apartment, 3 neighbors said they'd heard screams @ 3 A.M. (no one had looked or called police), she has never been seen or heard from since. Sylkat :(

identity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 3:44 pm

I remember a couple of years ago there was a dramatisation of the life of John Darwin who went missing in a canoe. I got rather intrigued about it after watching it, in fact I watched it more than once! He had commited fraud though so it wasn't an unsolved case. I think I was fascinated how they got away with it for the lenght of time they did. However whilst unsolved cases do occasionally intrigue me they also freak me out quite a lot aswell I have to admit.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

I believe that Michael Jackson is still alive :P i'm trying to find him.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 6:19 pm

I most certainly am! I can remember many (if not all) details from a missing person case. This didn't start for me until I heard about Natalee Holloway, though. My mother says I would make a great detective.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 6:31 pm

I certainly am - I sometimes think it would be cool to be a detective. I think a signifcant number of disappearances are actually suicides, sometimes they give no outward indication that they are contemplating it so people erroneously rule it out...