Hi, 1st time posting in WrongPlanet. (please read) ty :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

FoxOmega
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jul 2011, 8:32 pm

I've worked really hard on my Aspergers, yes I'm diagnosed, very much so.

I figure the friendly people can reply to this before I maybe get into serious topics later, at the appropriate place and time.

I feel really successful despite my diagnosis. I have a combination of things going for me now and have overcome several things that have freed up energy. I have even reached out to some NT I know and tried to help them with their bad random life problems. I always feel constrained by my disability and its very frustrating, and I'm sure everyone here understands that all too well.

I'm here to find answers, but also I'm saying I have many answers already about Aspergers that I've found for myself. Now its getting harder to find what I need since I've had so much success.

This is my summary of where I'm at with one particular thing, sorry for writing so much.

I'm a very quiet person. I'm afraid of upsetting people, so I talk as minimally as possible. If the other people is upset, I feel horrible inside, which reinforces the idea to stop talking, so I'm still quiet. I'm very much a black and white thinker and rarely compromise, so I still get into conflict despite how quiet I am. I consider making behavioral predictions as part of my therapy, and the longer I observe someone and watch them the more likely I will say something to them and even get a laugh out of them with a joke, since I've learned that person to a small degree. This causes me to act in ways and say things, I feel, they want to hear and see. Yes I have a mastery of blending in, and I appear to be NT, but am not. Light, sounds, etc. still bother me, but I act like they don't bother me.

Do you know who here might relate to my summary about why I'm quiet?

May from this post you've noticed I could elaborate on something, so ask me questions.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 8:51 pm

FoxOmega wrote:
... I'm here to find answers, but also I'm saying I have many answers already ...

Always seeking, always sharing ...

Welcome to WP!

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 10:04 pm

FoxOmega wrote:

Do you know who here might relate to my summary about why I'm quiet?

YES.

First of all, welcome aboard. :)

If you're unsure of yourself--that is, unsure how you are going to make someone else react to you, of course you are going to be quiet. You'll observe, make predictions (as you said) and then talk. It seems to be working for you, from what you've said.

In other words, you actually think before you speak--a trait, or--dare I say, virtue--that's increasingly rare today.

I used to be like that. Now I sometimes talk too much and upset someone without knowing why. I should try to be like that again, at least somewhat (and yes, the irony of my sig isn't lost on me--I should remember that :lol: ).

Again, welcome to WP! :D

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 5:08 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet, FoxOmega!

Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 2:24 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. :)

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Jul 2011, 2:27 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Rich-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 6:33 pm

-Edit- <-- I don't like writing that, I don't like having failed the first time. xD

Hi, good first post. Welcome.. tough you joined 2008 o.o ;p

Anyway, I can relate to the reasons you mentioned and at times in my life been quite quiet and observant. I remember I sort of tried to learn from observation what the person was like. I also remember changing how I talked and what jokes I made to with what kind of person I was with and when I didn't know what kind of person I was with, I used to be quite silent.

BassMan_720
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jul 2011, 7:31 pm

Welcome

I think you will be finding that there are many people here that are similar to yourself.

I too have been lucky enough to be successful and was totally unaware of my AS until discovering that my 10 year old was AS. I too used to be very quiet, for very similar reasons that you describe. It is difficult for me to be quiet now, because of my professional position. I still feel uncomfortable in certain situations.

Post away when you are ready.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 8:06 am

Welcome!

FoxOmega
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

Rich-Z wrote:
-Edit- <-- I don't like writing that, I don't like having failed the first time. xD

Hi, good first post. Welcome.. tough you joined 2008 o.o ;p

Anyway, I can relate to the reasons you mentioned and at times in my life been quite quiet and observant. I remember I sort of tried to learn from observation what the person was like. I also remember changing how I talked and what jokes I made to with what kind of person I was with and when I didn't know what kind of person I was with, I used to be quite silent.

Yeah, I joined in 2008, that was when I discovered I was an Aspie. Been working at it ever since, but now I feel ready to stop avoiding people and reach out more, and I thought I try this.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 2:03 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

Welkome to WrongPlanet. :)

The WP Kink