Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Is stalking and being obssesed with a person normal for Aspies?
Yes 32%  32%  [ 9 ]
No 68%  68%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 28

rissadc
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2011, 11:58 pm

Me and my ex were together for 15 months and we broke up in early 2009. Thats over two years ago. He blocks me from everything. He has no reason to be mad at me. I'm the one who broke up with him because he was abusive though. But he hates me and I don't know why. Anyways, I've been obsessively stalking him online since then, I've even stalked him in real life. We have mutual friends so I try to get as much info about him as possible, and I'd find out that he's going to hang out somewhere, I rush off to that place, just to run into him and creep on him. I've actually did this for his best friends funeral. I knew for a fact that he was gonna be there, so I made sure to go. If he blocks me on facebook, I'll make a new one and I continuously message him. Once in a while when its not too obvious, I'll make a fake profile with a different name and pictures, etc, and add him to facebook. I dream about him everynight, no joke. Funny thing is, I'm married to a different guy. I love both of these guys. Its weird.

Is being extremely obsessed and stalking the hell out of someone kind of normal with Aspies?

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 12:08 am

I don't think so. It's probably something other than AS.

Xayah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jul 2011, 12:59 am

People with AS are more likely to develop an obsession with one person and misinterpret throwaway comments for something meaningful. AS also tends to be comorbid with other mental health issues that can cause deluded thinking. I have a friend with AS who had a restraining order put on her when she was a teenager. I myself have displayed some behavior in the past I guess you would call stalkerish, embarrasingly enough. But that's certainly not to say AS = stalkers!

the trials and tribulations of a girl pretending to be normal

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

07 Jul 2011, 5:29 am

I know some one who has been a target of multiple stalkers and she nearly killed herself to escape. Her life is in ruins and it is a horrible, really sick thing to do to someone.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 6:48 am

I can't imagine ever being obsessed with a human being, especially to the point that I stalk them and other unlawful, immoral things! I can't understand how someone can want another person the way I might want a material item, such as a new computer game. I'm not even sure if I'm capable of feeling "love" for someone. Oh, I love my parents and my brother and such, I mean that OTHER definition of "love"... :wink:
I think if someone stalked me it would be horrible, especially if they started to threaten my life! It's a very serious crime and I can't imagine living in fear every single day because someone might break into my home and murder me because "If I can't have you, no one else will". Not that it's really likely gonna happen in my case. :lol:

Kookygirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2011, 7:12 am

rissadc wrote:
But he hates me and I don't know why. Anyways, I've been obsessively stalking him online since then, I've even stalked him in real life. ?

I think you may have answered your own question there.

I think aspies are more prone to stalking because of the obsessive behavior in a narrow field. Unfortunately for you though your narrow field is a person. If you have a therapist I definatly think you should talk to them about this and they may be able to calm down this obsession. It's destructive behavior and it's probably causing a lot of stress to your ex and your husband if he's noticed. You definatly need to cut off all ties with this man and distract yourself with something else, and try to concentrate on your husband.

TheCaityCat
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2011, 7:49 am

Stalking is not normal behavior for anyone regardless of whether they have an ASD. I have been stalked by someone who was also supposedly an aspie. This person clearly had psychological issues beyond having AS. .

What you are doing is creepy and potentially dangerous. If I were in your ex's position again, I'd be calling the police. It's not fair to your husband, either.