Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MyDogSasha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2011, 6:29 pm

do you always get obsessed with things? what kind of things did you get obsessed with...

Last edited by MyDogSasha on 09 Jul 2011, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tayribeiro
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Ancient religions to Anthropology, to History, to Biology, to Genetics, to Physics, to Classical Theory, to Superstrings, to Quantum Mechanics, to Robotics, to Manufacturing Gadgets.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

I'm obsessed with Billy Idol!! ! He is my favorite rockstar in the world!! !! ! I know A LOT about him! Sometimes I wanna be just like him and dress like him! I was him for Halloween in 2009! I have a wig like his hair and I put it on sometimes! He's my "idol"
I also love cats and know a lot about them, but Billy is #1 in my life and always will be!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

BillyIdolFan217 wrote:
I'm obsessed with Billy Idol!! ! He is my favorite rockstar in the world!! !! ! I know A LOT about him! Sometimes I wanna be just like him and dress like him! I was him for Halloween in 2009! I have a wig like his hair and I put it on sometimes! He's my "idol"
I also love cats and know a lot about them, but Billy is #1 in my life and always will be!

Hot in the City is my fave song by Billy Idol!

on-topic, i am currently obsessed with WP. enough said.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 8:50 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
BillyIdolFan217 wrote:

Omg I love that song it's so much fun to dance to!! ! I can't choose a favorite song by him though it's too hard! And when u say WP u mean wrongplanet? I am beginning to love this site too!!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 9:10 pm

BillyIdolFan217 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
BillyIdolFan217 wrote:

Omg I love that song it's so much fun to dance to!! ! I can't choose a favorite song by him though it's too hard! And when u say WP u mean wrongplanet? I am beginning to love this site too!!

yes i used to even have that song on a record!! ! i forgot how much i love it until now so i just downloaded it from iTunes. thanks for reminding me!

WP = WrongPlanet

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 10:02 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
BillyIdolFan217 wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
BillyIdolFan217 wrote:

yes i used to even have that song on a record!! ! i forgot how much i love it until now so i just downloaded it from iTunes. thanks for reminding me!

WP = WrongPlanet

You're welcome!! ! I'm happy to get anyone to listen to Billy Idol!!

Bosun117
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

I've had a number of obsessive hobbies/interests over the years, including the RMS Titanic (and ships in general), The Wild West, Harry Potter, Halo, History, and, most recently, exhibition rifle drill.

Some of these hobbies have proven to be productive and lasting, like ships (including RMS Titanic), History, and exhibition rifle drill. Others... well... not so much.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 10:24 pm

To me my obsessions seem like the most obvious things in the world to obsess over but clearly I miss out on a lot of other obvious stuff. I can't tell cars apart to save my life and the thought of learning to really bores me. But cars are all around and you kind of need to be able to tell them apart to pick out your own car in a parking lot. My friends who barely know what the car I'm driving looks like are better at picking out my own car than I am. I try to open similar-looking black cars that are not mine and may be of a different make and model.

Not sure why I feltthe need to write that long paragraph. My main obsessions are books, music, words, and dogs.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 2:26 am

Pets (rats, sugar gliders, cats, ferrets, geckos, whatever :D ), other people, drug policy & harm reduction, Bioshock, cameras. :)

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 8:43 am

Hmm.

Right now I am obsessed with live music from Elvis Costello, Genesis, and few misc others. This has throw off interests which had me learning html, audio engineering and completing my graphic design training using Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign - for doing cover art and also clip art. I now can submit to photo stock sites online.

Buster Keaton, electronics (just learning), keyboard playing, biographies

Past interests:

Mac computers, Werewolves, Peter Gabriel, Phantom of the Opera, various crafts, horses

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2011, 10:41 am

Quantum Theory, Honda Engines, Guitar (Learning every song by an artist once I like them) I am a catalog of lyrics and progressions. I can easily boast a memory of several thousand songs down to the tee! My friends are stunned when I play a three hour set perfectly, consisting of all different songs/styles/artists/originals. I was obsessed with the Beatles as a teen and Ani Difranco too. I go on and on about nihilism even though it's not my religion/belief of choice. Chaos theory too...
I also repeat things over and over and over.
I'll repeat what someone else says several times just to get it to sink in. I think it's how I burn stuff into my memory banks.
I'm auditory photographic (or Phonographic as I call it) :idea:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 12:48 pm

I'm obsessed with losing weight and fixing my problems. Also, I love watching the food network and wedding shows. I started watching shows about giving birth and cute babies lately. I love babies. I want one someday. So I'm pretty much obsessed with being a stereotypical girl. :lol:

Xenia
Raven
Raven

16 Jul 2011, 4:24 am

a person in my head, the same one for years at a time. Not in a wierd way, I just have conversations with them or act out scenarios, like having normal conversations that would never happen in real life. I have normal conversations in my head with the same person all day every day though.

Gennette22
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2011, 10:17 pm

BIRDS...mostly my amazing little Congo African Grey and entertaining free range flock of chickens and ducks, welsh ponies, dogs, autism and asperger's, natural birth and attachment parenting. Harry Potter and Wrong Planet round it all out. As a child I was determined to become a herpetologist and would walk around our block with my python resting on my shoulders. Looking back I can see why the neighborhood kids avoided me, but at the time I never noticed.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 4:23 am

I have had many obsessions, including Dr Who, Harry Potter, Birds Of Prey, Horses, Buttons, Music(Lifelong), Serial Killers, Disney, Astrology and SecondLife.

Also Antique Dolls, Vintage cameras and poetry.

I am not one of those who has only had a few lifelong obsessive interests.
Mine tend to last anything from 6 months to 4 years.