Page 17 of 18 [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2017, 5:31 pm

I hate driving, but when I do, I drive to fast.....been done speeding several times, mostly because I just can't wait to get home. I know its uncool, but thats how it is. It has

BBC: Radio 4

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Aug 2017, 12:32 am

Mostly I can follow the traffic rules, and I'm a pretty safe driver on the whole. Only two accidents, and they both happened more than ten years ago. My problem is, it's really hard to drive to places I've never been before. Huge anxiety spike. I print out directions every time I have to do it, but that doesn't always help. I also have a poor sense of direction and have gotten lost many times, even on familiar routes. I've found myself cruising down unfamiliar highways, not knowing where to exit, being afraid to exit, until my embarrassment and mounting panic finally overcome the mental shutdown I've gone into, and then I stop and call a family member for help. :(

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:19 am

Big city traffic is more than I can handle. About a decade ago life led me to this county seat farm burg of population 8,300 or so. There is a city of around 120,000 people about 30 miles from here and even in that city traffic is often too much.
There are times I have had to take the inside rear view mirror off the windshield because the sight of cars coming up fast and close behind me stresses me out too much.