Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

I recently had associated with another woman my age who did not have AS or any other ASD and she appeared to be interested in me. She also appeared to know and understand Autism and Asperger's Syndrome. We had even did a few things together while she called me a sister. Fairly recently, another co-worker of mine came to me and mentioned that this person bad mouthed me behind my back by inappropriate lies, and even telling people that I was weird, different and not normal while putting on a different front and acting like I was normal and cool. She also never seemed to show up at my parties and other social gatherings like she had promised me and often waited until the next time I saw her to tell me that she got stuck doing other things and that she left her phone at home.

What are some warning signs to indicate that someone doesn't like me?

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 2:37 pm

It seems that this woman you're talking about could be two-faced (or the person who said something about her could be). It is very hard to figure out if someone is being two-faced unless you're able to catch them at it.

Apart from this though, the fact that she didn't even call to let you know she wasn't able to attend (or even explaining the next day) was rude of her in my opinion.

I don't know how to pick up signs from people who actually like/dislike me either. (((hugs)))

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

Other people kept telling me that she didn't like me and that I got on her nerves but she always told them that she felt like my feelings would get hurt if she or others told me. (This girl was a non-stop liar who ripped on everyone but according to my co-worker, she did it to me almost everyday). Anyway, I had also noticed was that she slowly started shutting me out of conversations and would act huffy and annoyed whenever I would try to say something to join in since she talked to me about everything and acted like my friend.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

Then she was two-faced. If it can be figured out the signs of someone being two-faced it would be helpful to many I think.

I'd love to know the warning signs, it would probably help me be less scared of trying to make friends.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

I am at the point where I don't even care about making connections anymore because people are just too funny. One minute they claim to hate you and then the next, they turn around to bite you like certain cats who act like they want you to pet them one minute by rubbing and purring and then turn around and growl, hiss and bite you the next. I feel like I had gotten bit big time.

The sad part is that she has a friend with two sons are are on the spectrum and acted like she understood me. Yet, the other girl came out today and made fun of myself and my other friends because we all have Asperger's Syndrome. She said that she didn't want to be around me because I stunk up the bathroom and said that I had other diseases and that I clearly didn't take care of myself and was fixing to contact my aunt and state her concerns, while always congratulating me to my face.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 6:24 pm

Generally, if they are breathing, then they don't like me.

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 10:42 pm

Miyah wrote:
I am at the point where I don't even care about making connections anymore because people are just too funny. One minute they claim to hate you and then the next, they turn around to bite you like certain cats who act like they want you to pet them one minute by rubbing and purring and then turn around and growl, hiss and bite you the next. I feel like I had gotten bit big time.

The sad part is that she has a friend with two sons are are on the spectrum and acted like she understood me. Yet, the other girl came out today and made fun of myself and my other friends because we all have Asperger's Syndrome. She said that she didn't want to be around me because I stunk up the bathroom and said that I had other diseases and that I clearly didn't take care of myself and was fixing to contact my aunt and state her concerns, while always congratulating me to my face.

Yes.. People are too complicated, I wish people would say what they are honestly thinking, and not the complete opposite. But I guess that would make life too easy.