Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1007 of 1999 [ 31982 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008, 1009, 1010 ... 1999  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 12:29 pm

Groggy as h#% today. It is raining outside.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2017, 1:39 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I'm a mess. Well, me, Ma and my brother all chickened out with the starting of hospice today on Pa. I don't think "chickened" is the right word - I actually woke up out of sleep scared s**tless and had a panic attack so bad I couldn't get my breath and was shaking like a leaf. I was able to take an ativan and Mary talked to me to try to calm me down. My brother is taking xanax like it's going out of style and Ma has been needing some too. We have a meeting with the hospice people tomorrow morning. I have always hated hospice. Let's face it - hospice is killing someone except it's legal. I feel a little better about it after Pa kept saying "Kill me Kill me Kill me" over and over. At least we will be fulfilling his wishes and he'll go to sleep peacefully - like everyone wants to do. I'm still a mess. I feel like Dr. Kevorkian - I was talking to my brother tonight because we have to "plan" this hospice thing just right since I have to go to work over the weekend - I don't get bereavement until a person actually dies. I also don't want Pa to die alone, so I need it to happen sometime next week. How do I bring that up at the meeting tomorrow? Uh, excuse me, Miss Hospice, but I need Pa to check out sometime next week because this weekend is just not convenient for any of us. :roll: I've done these hospice things with other patients and sometimes the person can linger on for days - unless you increase the morphine drip. We're already going to cut off all of Pa's nutrition and water. I think I'll have a problem with increasing the morphine drip which could delay this thing for a week. At least I was ready to make Pa a DNR - which Ma and my brother haven't reached that decision yet so Pa is still a "full code". I'm so stressed that I'm already sick with some sinus crap. I think Ma is in denial because she keeps saying the hospice thing is so "permanent". Pa is never coming back like he was and he wants to die anyway so why keep him here? He can't swallow and has refused all tubes for nourishment. I want to at least fulfill his wishes. Which now I'm feeling guilty again because he had to suffer another day today in restraints because we got cold feet. I feel totally sick inside and constantly on the verge of a panic attack or crying - I can't tell which one. I'm keeping it together somewhat, because I just keep remembering the crappy things Pa had done - some really crappy things. There were more crappy things than good. So why am I still a mess? Maybe because of all the things I should have had in a Pa, but didn't. Now, it's final and nothing will be able to be changed once he is gone. Not that he hasn't had time to change things, so I doubt it would happen now even. I think Ma will be better after all this is said and done as she is sick herself and not able to care for Pa anymore at home - especially now in his present state. We just have to get through this "thing" and everyone will be better off. I never thought I would have to make this decision - it's my worst nightmare. Gotta try to get some sleep cause I have to get up early in the morning.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Pa. I was so sad when my gran had to go into a care home and then when she passed. I hope he will be comfortable in his remaining time and your heart too will be filled with peace about it.

Just one thing, if there's something you want to share with him, don't leave it, even if it feels foolish to be bringing it up. People have a way of understanding what you mean, even if you think they don't. My gran was in a coma and I was holding her hand. I made a joke she was familiar with in the days she still had her old personality (she got dementia) and suddenly she squeezed my hand. That one moment has helped me so much in the years since she passed, and I'm so glad I made that joke one last time.

We're here for you. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2017, 6:37 am

I woke up really late. I ended up sleeping close to 12 hours for some reason. I'm going to bed late because of it. I cant sleep too late because I have to buy more bread. The bread went moldy 1ce again before the expiration date.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:22 am

Woke up late.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:55 am

Something that happened yesterday and another reaction I had to something today made me realize that a case of PTSD is not only not fading away, but if anything is growing stronger. I'm seriously not getting better.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 9:59 am

It's gloomy outside and I have that funny pressure in my head. I hope the sun will come out soon and I will feel better.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 10:24 am

I am involved with several animal charities and animal rights organisations. I received an E mail today from PETA with a picture of an angora rabbit skinned for its fur captioned 'Please stop hurting me'. I understand it was to raise awareness but it saddened me. I don't really care about the human race but I love animals.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 Jun 2017, 3:05 pm

Damn, the warm weather is melting me inside a little.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2017, 7:55 pm

Got into an argument with a complete stranger on public transport... again :(

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

25 Jun 2017, 5:19 am

We had a power outage where I was yesterday evening @ 7 PM my time, and things didn't come back on until 3 AM the following day my time.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 11:22 am

An annoying person I met yesterday.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 5:04 pm

Pa's gone.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

I woke up with an upset stomach, felt like throwing up, it wasn't very sunny in my bedroom, it was too warm, I don't remember turning off my fan last night. It got to 103 F today 8O :x :skull: :skull: :skull:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 1:43 am

realization that social mobility is a meme and doesn't exist.

but why would it? the people in the upper classes have no incentive to help uplift those beneath then, and everything to gain from their exploitation!

most wealth is inherited.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 6:40 am

(((nurseangela & kitty)))

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 10:44 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
realization that social mobility is a meme and doesn't exist.

but why would it? the people in the upper classes have no incentive to help uplift those beneath then, and everything to gain from their exploitation!

most wealth is inherited.

Nobody is beneath anyone else, my friend, we are all equal. But I see where you are coming from.

I have no objection to wealth which is earned as that implies one has worked for it. But those who, as you said, inherited it and never did a day's work in their lives need to be eradicated from the face of the earth.

There are no 'upper' classes or 'lower' classes. I am their equal and they are mine.