Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1120 of 2000 [ 31989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1117, 1118, 1119, 1120, 1121, 1122, 1123 ... 2000  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 9:15 am

I woke up later then I intended.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 9:26 am

Someone vacuuming outside my door at 8 a.m.

There Are Four Lights!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 3:32 pm

I had an awful dream where I was at the local mall when someone lit explosives inside it and set it aflame. I escaped but many people were trapped inside or couldn't get out unharmed. Then I waited for my mother to show up and take me home but when she did I'd suddenly find myself back in the mall where the incident repeated itself over and over like some horrible version of Groundhog's Day. I heard one person say that nothing can fully prepare us for terrorist attacks. When I finally woke up I felt like my whole body was made of lead.

Also I'm out of money and couldn't go to the grocery store because today is Victoria Day and my mom wasn't working so she couldn't give me any grocery money and drive me down. I spent too much money during our trip last week and I'm running out of groceries.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 6:58 am

It seems much has been troubling unto you as of late, whereabouts I show a great amount of sincerity

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 12:41 pm

People out in the world.

ChefDave
Raven
Raven

22 May 2018, 1:00 pm

I woke up this morning to learn that in response to school shootings, the Lt. Governor of Texas wants to ARM teachers. As a teacher with 29 years of diversified experience, I think this would be a really bad idea.

If the presence of law enforcement officers at other schools (like Parkland) did not serve to deter a shooter, why would having armed teachers on campus make any difference?

During lock downs, we are trained to lock our doors and to have students sit quietly on the floor against a wall out of direct line of sight from any door. Many of us have already permanently covered the tiny windows in these doors. My classroom doors, which are propped open with a wedge, are already locked. In the event of a lock down, I have the students move against a wall. I shut the lights. I also secure the doors.

Any armed teachers on campus would have to breach the security of their locked door which would momentarily expose the students in that room to potential danger.

Teachers are not trained in clearing a building like police officers. Poor or non-existent training coupled with high tension could result in a friendly fire incident with teachers firing on other teachers or even students.

Worse yet, responding officers would now have to differentiate between armed intruders and armed teachers. An armed teacher could be mistaken for an intruder and shot.

Other concerns that flitted through my mind after hearing this news include firearm safety. Would armed teachers wear their weapons in holsters or would they have them stored on campus. If these weapons were stored, would they be kept in a gun safe? Who would pay for this gun safe? Who would pay for teacher weapons and training.

If armed teachers wore a holster, what would keep students from grabbing the weapon out of the holster. It would be the height of irony if a weapon from an armed teacher were to facilitate a school shooting simply because the teacher was unable to keep his or her weapon secured.

There have now been 23 school shootings this year. Some anchors on TV have suggested that this is the "new normal". This does not feel normal. No other country has had this number of incidents.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:04 pm

I can't even imagine. The US is totally messed.

If I lived in USA I'd be homeschooling, all the way.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:15 pm

My ex is on the warpath, I've had about 50 text messages. Oh s**t 8O

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:16 pm

Ex-spouse or ex-dating partner?

If you have kids, respond.
If not, delete.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:32 pm

Kids? Nope...so yeah, lots of deleting. Out of ten she scares me about 6.5 8O

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 1:36 pm

All the more reason to delete.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 2:31 pm

Indeed

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 2:33 pm

Grey Rock

Look up "grey rock" as a response option.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 3:03 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Grey Rock

Look up "grey rock" as a response option.

Thanks for the link, just got my stuff back, messages have stopped. Phew....

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2018, 3:06 pm

Good.

Stay grey.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2018, 1:58 am

ChefDave wrote:
If armed teachers wore a holster, what would keep students from grabbing the weapon out of the holster. It would be the height of irony if a weapon from an armed teacher were to facilitate a school shooting simply because the teacher was unable to keep his or her weapon secured.
In one skewl a teacher accidentally left his gun in the bathroom & a homeless guy found it & fired a shot checking to see if it was real & loaded. In another skewl a student took a policeman's gun out of his holster & fired some shots(I cant remember if people got shot or not)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition