Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1051 of 1992 [ 31872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1048, 1049, 1050, 1051, 1052, 1053, 1054 ... 1992  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Nov 2017, 5:14 pm

New FireFox update. The tabs look clunky & webpages look brighter which is hard on my eyes. I may be looking for the last version I had & installing it & selecting it NOT to update if I can

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 6:04 pm

I wish this autism could make me sound less passive-aggressive or aggressive and instead more assertive.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2017, 6:55 pm

nick007 wrote:
New FireFox update. The tabs look clunky & webpages look brighter which is hard on my eyes. I may be looking for the last version I had & installing it & selecting it NOT to update if I can

THANK you! Me too. The landing page is all cluttered with stuff I don't want or need, and at the same time they killed Reminderfox and the toggle-GIF shortcut which freezes animation when it's distracting. Grrrrrrrr.

Good luck, I hope you can find your previous version and reinstall it. I did find some instructions to block updates, and now I wish I'd done it before they pushed this through.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 3:42 am

Our rabbit is sick. She didn't finish her pellets last night & she always eats em till they're gone. She seemed fine last night except for that thou. I got her to eat some lettuce today but that was it. She's kind of lethargic but still hopping around some at times. She's not drinking & may be kind of nauseous. She may of chewed on something she shouldn't of cuz she chews on everything. We don't have a vet & we cant drive so we'll have to look online for vet offices we can get to by bus & then I'll have to call & see if they have experience with rabbits. Tomorrow is the day before ThanxGiving thou so it may be hard to get an appointment & I have a doc appointment tomorrow at 11 to get an ingrown toenail removed so coordinating things may be difficult. My girlfriend may try giving her water by a syringe or something. Hopefully she'll be doing alittle better tomorrow.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 8:36 am

No one gave me a billion dollars.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 10:11 am

Tiredness

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2017, 12:26 pm

Human miscommunication

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 8:13 am

nick007 wrote:
Our rabbit is sick. She didn't finish her pellets last night & she always eats em till they're gone. She seemed fine last night except for that thou. I got her to eat some lettuce today but that was it. She's kind of lethargic but still hopping around some at times. She's not drinking & may be kind of nauseous. She may of chewed on something she shouldn't of cuz she chews on everything. We don't have a vet & we cant drive so we'll have to look online for vet offices we can get to by bus & then I'll have to call & see if they have experience with rabbits. Tomorrow is the day before ThanxGiving thou so it may be hard to get an appointment & I have a doc appointment tomorrow at 11 to get an ingrown toenail removed so coordinating things may be difficult. My girlfriend may try giving her water by a syringe or something. Hopefully she'll be doing alittle better tomorrow.
We took her to emergency animal hospital & she had some kind of infection & a very high fever. They gave her some fluids, an injection of an antibiotic & an antiinflammatory to try & bring down the fever. They said we could keep her there but it would cost $800 to $1000 cuz they weren't setup for rabbits. We decided to bring her home cuz she would of had to stay for two nights since buses don't run on ThanxGiving day. We couldn't really afford two nights there so they gave us some stuff to give her & said to bring her back if she gets worse. She was doing worse after we got home & by that point it was too late to take the bus back. She was having seizures & died 5 hours after we got her back home. I really think she would of died even if we decided to keep her there for the two nights. At least this way she died at home while my girlfriend was holding her & I was next to her. I guess her fever was just too high. She was about two years old when we got her & we only had her for 3 months. We got her cuz she had really bad vision & needed a good home. Maybe we shoudln't of gotten her. We weren't the best parents to her cuz we never had a rabbit before but we were getting a lot better. Me & Cass are both pretty devastated & cant stop crying :cry:

elenorh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2017, 8:20 am

Stand up meeting at work comes to an end and suddenly everyone is chatting away at the same time.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense --Dune, Frank Herbert

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:28 pm

Drivers.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:00 pm

nick007 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
We took her to emergency animal hospital & she had some kind of infection & a very high fever. They gave her some fluids, an injection of an antibiotic & an antiinflammatory to try & bring down the fever. They said we could keep her there but it would cost $800 to $1000 cuz they weren't setup for rabbits. We decided to bring her home cuz she would of had to stay for two nights since buses don't run on ThanxGiving day. We couldn't really afford two nights there so they gave us some stuff to give her & said to bring her back if she gets worse. She was doing worse after we got home & by that point it was too late to take the bus back. She was having seizures & died 5 hours after we got her back home. I really think she would of died even if we decided to keep her there for the two nights. At least this way she died at home while my girlfriend was holding her & I was next to her. I guess her fever was just too high. She was about two years old when we got her & we only had her for 3 months. We got her cuz she had really bad vision & needed a good home. Maybe we shoudln't of gotten her. We weren't the best parents to her cuz we never had a rabbit before but we were getting a lot better. Me & Cass are both pretty devastated & cant stop crying :cry:

I’m so sorry. That is awful. :cry:

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 4:05 pm

My parents’ dog isn’t feeling well & I’m worried about him. I joke that he is like a brother to me. It’s funny because it’s true. :heart:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 4:26 am

hobojungle wrote:
nick007 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I’m so sorry. That is awful. :cry:
Thanx :) There sure has been a lot of deaths in this thread lately for some reason.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 2:50 pm

My bus was 15 minutes late. It comes every 30 minutes and I had just missed the bus so I waited a long time for the bus. The driver was also very rude to a lady hat got on after me.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2017, 5:30 pm

nick007 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I'm so sorry.

Nick, please, you and your girlfriend, don't blame yourselves. Your sweet bunny girl was loved and had a warm home for the last months of her life, you took the best care of her that you knew how (and you wanted to learn and care for her well).

You cared about her. She didn't die in some cold, metallic place with strangers and machines all around her. She died in her mommy's arms with her daddy at her side, and she mattered to you, and you mourn her. She would thank you, if she could. I'm sure of it.

Warm hugs to you and your girlfriend both (I'm crying a little bit for her too, and for both of you).

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

JT_
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2017, 7:46 pm

My car refusing to start after I'd finished a 12 hour shift, lucky that I carry a set of jump leads.
(Made me more angry than unhappy though).

RAADS-R: 170