Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 992 of 1992 [ 31868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 989, 990, 991, 992, 993, 994, 995 ... 1992  Next

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 8:48 am

nick007 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
So you guys telling me it not a good idea. I was thinking about what to do, I think it's a big risk.
having an income from renting a place will screw up your SSI because the government will consider the money an asset.

SSI, yes. SSDI, maybe. But I am going to bet most of her labor will be hired out, whether you can do it or not. Most people hire out to find tenants, deal with repairs and most important being tenant issues. An confident CPA will keep your income low on paper. I am not saying it's an bad idea, just something you should discuss with an financial adviser. If you do decide to buy, I wouldn't pay it all off in cash. Finance it, it helps allot on taxes and having capital for needed repairs.

Also, again I would only look at multi units. I have my eyes on a triplex, it probably values around $225,000 here in Orlando in an upcoming neighborhood (walking distance from one of the most wealthy areas in the city). I could rent each unit for $850-900, but I would probably live in one of the units and do the repairs myself as they come up.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 11:50 am

The attack in Manchester.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 12:59 pm

nick007 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
So you guys telling me it not a good idea. I was thinking about what to do, I think it's a big risk.
having an income from renting a place will screw up your SSI because the government will consider the money an asset.

I never thought of that, thanks.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:18 pm

I think I don't want to buy a house, it will be a BIG PAIN. My sister talk to lawyers & other people, but the SSI may find out & I can't do that. It seems tooooo much trouble, if anything bad happens, I will lose my money. That money is from my mom, that is one of the things I need to feel safe & knowing she is looking after me. I can't buy the house.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:20 pm

slept terrible last night.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:46 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I think I don't want to buy a house, it will be a BIG PAIN. My sister talk to lawyers & other people, but the SSI may find out & I can't do that. It seems tooooo much trouble, if anything bad happens, I will lose my money. That money is from my mom, that is one of the things I need to feel safe & knowing she is looking after me. I can't buy the house.

I am surprised you have SSI with a trust fund. I would imagine if they find out about that asset, you would loose SSI... Personally, I would be looking on what needs to be done to get SSI to SSDI. Rental income maybe a good way to earn enough credits to qualify.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 3:40 pm

I can't find my student id

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 9:05 pm

Phenibut withdrawals. I've tried to stop using it because I've become extremely dependant, but I feel like I'm gonna fall back on it sooner or later if my doctor doesn't let me up my gabapentin.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2017, 12:19 am

The best friend that I have ever had (who is probably my only friend right now) has just found a better friend, and I'm sad about being replaced. It meant a lot to me that I was their best friend, and now I'm not. :(

I was always scared of this happening, and now it has. They were scared I would replace them, too. I'm happy for them, and I'm not going to spoil anything for them by telling them how I really feel.

All of the friends I have had, including this one, have been online friends. They always leave me, find someone better or I find out I never meant as much to them as they did to me. It's hard for me to make friends, and when things like this happen, I feel like I shouldn't even try because I'll only get hurt in the end. I know I need to stop getting attached to people, but I can't help it. I get annoyed at myself for it.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 1:36 am

SilentJessica wrote:
The best friend that I have ever had (who is probably my only friend right now) has just found a better friend, and I'm sad about being replaced. It meant a lot to me that I was their best friend, and now I'm not. :(

I was always scared of this happening, and now it has. They were scared I would replace them, too. I'm happy for them, and I'm not going to spoil anything for them by telling them how I really feel.

All of the friends I have had, including this one, have been online friends. They always leave me, find someone better or I find out I never meant as much to them as they did to me. It's hard for me to make friends, and when things like this happen, I feel like I shouldn't even try because I'll only get hurt in the end. I know I need to stop getting attached to people, but I can't help it. I get annoyed at myself for it.

Aw, sorry to hear. :(

I'll be your friend. :)

traven
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 2:22 am

today? this week!
revival of the swamp, forget being depressed for one moment, and out they come,
don't be friendly, idiot!! !! they'll fire at your back for that!

if you wonder how many-men can unite against one women, you're raised wrong, its the norm in-everything-is-its- opposite-real-life, 'the older, the madder' in this regard, the-stand-your-ground of the-old-testosterone, they go out the necessairy miles to give some meat to the adjudants. civilised ? for what ?
minions!

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 8:50 am

Yesterday I had a bad day. Tired Anxious and I was in a bad mood the whole day.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 9:27 am

It is the sixth anniversary of my mother's death. Sometimes I wonder why she's gone and I'm still here.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

24 May 2017, 10:47 am

That damn power outage I had last night. Thankfully, it's behind me now since the power came back on.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2017, 11:28 am

^
Yay! That is a relief. :)

I have a rather bad headache.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran