Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 991 of 1998 [ 31966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 988, 989, 990, 991, 992, 993, 994 ... 1998  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:02 pm

The dentist was a pain today, literally. I could feel the drill on my bottom tooth. Not enough Novocain...

Oh well. It was nothing a little ibuprofen couldn't fix. :wink:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 May 2017, 8:21 pm

I slept late today maybe cuz I went to bed late sense I slept late the day before. I feel tired today & kinda wanted to take a nap but my girlfriend wanted alone time in her room so I couldn't. I took a Vivarin(caffeine pill) & hoping it'll wake me up more. It may be helping alittle already.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:35 pm

The fact that a major terrorist attack took place not overly far from me :(

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 8:35 pm

the girlfriend of the guy I love posted a photo holding a flower, I'm now obsessing over thinking if it was him who gave her the flower. i never thought i cared about this sort of stuff, but it hurts me to wonder if he can be romantic with someone when he never was with me.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 9:58 pm

EclecticWarrior wrote:

I was only a couple blocks away from Pulse, I herd the screams and shooting... Really hits you when it's close to home, but incredible to watch the city come together to help.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:05 pm

bein' invaded by a bunch o' gawd darn no good big blinking black ANTS. may they be consigned en masse to the flames of perdition, post haste. :x

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 10:38 pm

I wish I have someone to talk to, my sister want to me to invest my money to make money, I don't know about this, I don't know what to do.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:06 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I wish I have someone to talk to, my sister want to me to invest my money to make money, I don't know about this, I don't know what to do.

your sister was just telling you there are things you can buy, investments, as it were, that will pay you to own them. I think this is sound advice, to a point. you really need to talk to a good financial advisor who will [IF they are good] make things clear enough.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

your sister was just telling you there are things you can buy, investments, as it were, that will pay you to own them. I think this is sound advice, to a point. you really need to talk to a good financial advisor who will [IF they are good] make things clear enough.

This is my trust fund, my sister wants to buy a house with my money & rented out so I can make more money, she lives in a small town, the houses up there doesn't cost much as down here, she wanted me to live near her, I told her no.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:36 pm

SH90 wrote:
EclecticWarrior wrote:

I was only a couple blocks away from Pulse, I herd the screams and shooting... Really hits you when it's close to home, but incredible to watch the city come together to help.

We've been watching it on the news. Very sad. :(

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:46 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

This is my trust fund, my sister wants to buy a house with my money & rented out so I can make more money, she lives in a small town, the houses up there doesn't cost much as down here, she wanted me to live near her, I told her no.

I had family in the rental business... Best advice I can give you, is stay away; unless you can buy a multi unit building. Get a random POS tendant in your single family home and falls behind on rent. It will take you months to get them legally removed through an eviction process, after you they trashed the unit. One bad tenant will quickly diminish years of profits from a single unit (Multi units, can help absorb the cost).

Talk to an financial adviser before making any decisions.

EDIT: Also tax implications from transferring money from your trust fund, to purchase investment property. Consult with a CPA.

Alita
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 11:57 pm

SH90 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I had family in the rental business... Best advice I can give you, is stay away; unless you can buy a multi unit building. Get a random POS tendant in your single family home and falls behind on rent. It will take you months to get them legally removed through an eviction process, after you they trashed the unit. One bad tenant will quickly diminish years of profits from a single unit (Multi units, can help absorb the cost).

Talk to an financial adviser before making any decisions.

EDIT: Also tax implications from transferring money from your trust fund, to purchase investment property. Consult with a CPA.

I agree with this. I know people who've been burned badly renting out residential properties.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 2:17 am

So you guys telling me it not a good idea. I was thinking about what to do, I think it's a big risk.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2017, 3:44 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
So you guys telling me it not a good idea. I was thinking about what to do, I think it's a big risk.
having an income from renting a place will screw up your SSI because the government will consider the money an asset.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 4:15 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

don't dismiss it out of hand but DO talk with a good financial person FIRST THING before anything else.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 8:48 am

nick007 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
having an income from renting a place will screw up your SSI because the government will consider the money an asset.

SSI, yes. SSDI, maybe. But I am going to bet most of her labor will be hired out, whether you can do it or not. Most people hire out to find tenants, deal with repairs and most important being tenant issues. An confident CPA will keep your income low on paper. I am not saying it's an bad idea, just something you should discuss with an financial adviser. If you do decide to buy, I wouldn't pay it all off in cash. Finance it, it helps allot on taxes and having capital for needed repairs.

Also, again I would only look at multi units. I have my eyes on a triplex, it probably values around $225,000 here in Orlando in an upcoming neighborhood (walking distance from one of the most wealthy areas in the city). I could rent each unit for $850-900, but I would probably live in one of the units and do the repairs myself as they come up.