Warcraft vs world of warcraft... not the same game.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 10:39 pm

I just began playing my old ps1 copy of Warcraft 2 the dark saga. I can not understand why the new Warcraft looks so dfifferent.
The dark saga was a stragetic "build and battle game" about medievl wars between humans and orcs.

but this new one... which I do not have and do not want. I have seen it in stores and often wondered...
what ever happend to the player being a king or warlord? commanding his/her troops in a bloody struggle for natural resources.

I like collecting all the oil, trees, and gold for my army... then unleash an epic war to the very end... I really want more games like this.
are there any for ps2? (they don't have to be warcraft... something else will do)

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:21 pm

Now that I think of it... if there is anyone who plays the newer game... maybe you could convince me that the online pc game isn't so bad... but you'd need a reason.
I know that the dark saga ps1 has issues with gamplay slowing down. but this pc game is not the same kind of game.
So... the old game isn't really so good... I just decided not to play it any longer.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Aug 2011, 1:51 am

I'm more interested in playing the onion's upcoming game World of World of Warcraft.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 9:33 am

Warcraft is an RTS
World of Warcraft is an MMO
Of course they won't be the same.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 12:51 pm

My question is... Why are there no more games like the old ps1 Warcraft? or similier games?

K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Aug 2011, 12:53 pm

Play starcraft.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 9:29 pm

There's tons of games like Warcraft 2, too many to list. Starcraft 2 would be a good start if you're looking for a more modern game with a fairly similar setup to Warcraft 2. Personally my favourite recent RTS is still Sins of a Solar Empire, especially with its addons, but it's a fairly different type of game altogether.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 10:01 am

transformingcar wrote:
I just began playing my old ps1 copy of Warcraft 2 the dark saga. I can not understand why the new Warcraft looks so dfifferent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft_3

You're welcome.