Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2005, 7:16 am

For those who were in the chat the other night, I mentioned that I was worried my friend might be mad at me because I did something that might have offended her, and later she replied to my email about our senior art show getting together with a very curt "Ok" and that was all.

Well, when she showed up to the meeting last night, I was very worried, because she looked bored and sulky (and she is normally a very outgoing person). After awhile, though, she finally let out her frustration by telling us all that she doesn't care about going over all the specifications for hanging work in the gallery because she's done it a million times (she works for the illustration office). So we dropped the topic with her assurance that she knows what she's doing (which I'm sure she does, I forgot she had so much experience with it). After that, she became much more pleasant, and was a lot more into talking about our show and different things we could do for it.

After the meeting was over, I told my apartment mate that I don't think our friend was mad at me, that she was just frustrated and bored with some of the show stuff. He agreed. I'm quite glad about this, and it looks like I worried unnecessarily :) .

Also, I am pretty excited, though also a bit nervous and stressed about our show. Our group is very good, though. It consists of me, my two apartment-mates, my friend (who I thought was angry with me but isn't), and two guys I do not know too well, but have talked to a little bit. Both of the guys also seem aspie-ish. One of them talks nonstop about a lot of stuff the rest of us have no clue about, heheheh. Either way, he is a nice guy, and is into anime :) . The other one seems like he is probably autistic or aspie, which I suspected even before I knew about AS (I met him several years ago, but never got to know him), because he reminds me of a girl I knew in high school who had HFA.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2005, 7:22 am

That's great news Civet- I know it was something you were worried about so I'm glad its worked out fine.

Good luck with the art show :D

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2005, 7:49 am

Glad it was a misunderstanding Civet. Hope the show goes well! (Is there an echo in here? :) )

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2005, 8:26 am

Good Luck on the show Civet!!

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2005, 9:35 am

Thank you, all, but the show is not for another month. :)

This was just our first meeting. We have three weeks of school to plan it (one week of vacation in between). It's a lot to think about and do. We have to decide who is going to show what pieces, where they will all go, and how we will hang them and present them. We have to figure out what type of theme we want for the show and make labels, posters, and flyers. We have to figure out if we need any specific types of displays or media devices, and if we want music, and what kind. We have to come up with food and refreshments, as well. It's fun, but it's also a lot of work, so it is a bit stressful, too.

Luckily, my friend is really into presentation, and she had some really good ideas for the food, and we came up with some fun stuff for our promotional fliers, as well. We're still working on a theme.