Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 10:50 pm

When you think about it, Autism isn't a disease, either. A disease is something like leprosy.

shadowmage
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2011, 11:16 pm

It is better to look at autism as a different rather than a disease.

LornaDoone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2011, 11:38 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
I think the OP is asking why it says Asperger's and not autism. The answer is that either statement would be true: autism is not a disease either.

This site is appears to be geared more towards Asperger's. Although it says autism and asperger's at the top, most people are associating with AS and most posts are AS related. Thankfully it's super similar to the other ASDs and support is similar.

I feel so lonely sometimes here though. It's like if you are not AS, you are less cool or less intelligent. Sensitive day I guess.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 12:32 am

LornaDoone wrote:
arielhawksquill wrote:
I think the OP is asking why it says Asperger's and not autism. The answer is that either statement would be true: autism is not a disease either.

This site is appears to be geared more towards Asperger's. Although it says autism and asperger's at the top, most people are associating with AS and most posts are AS related. Thankfully it's super similar to the other ASDs and support is similar.

I feel so lonely sometimes here though. It's like if you are not AS, you are less cool or less intelligent. Sensitive day I guess.

Seriously. Your avatar is a can of whoop ass. It doesn't get any more cool than that. 8)