Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 8:43 pm

My husband is away this week, so it's just my son and me, meaning I haven't been able to do a lot of my regular activities or have any time to myself. (This right after a camping trip of extreme family togetherness.) Some of the things I could have done, but didn't because I knew my son wouldn't be that entertained.

By last night I was climbing the walls. This morning we were snarling at each other. I decided to go to my regular gym class and let him put up with the childcare, even though it's not his favorite.

And after the class, we totally loved each other again. He didn't mind at all, and we went shopping together, so got out of the house a little more. Now I'm on my way to my dance class and I'm taking him with me, after checking in with him first that it's okay.

Good advice I got when he was young: You have to put your gas mask on first. You have to take care of your own needs to be able to take care of someone elses.

lovelyboy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2011, 8:50 am

Good for you!! !! !! It's weird but my son sometimes seems more relaxed when it's just me and him at home.

We have a month school holiday...I'm in the middle of it now and are stuck with 2 kids at home all day!! !! I'm so tired!

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 5:25 pm

lovelyboy wrote:
Good for you!! !! !! It's weird but my son sometimes seems more relaxed when it's just me and him at home.

We have a month school holiday...I'm in the middle of it now and are stuck with 2 kids at home all day!! !! I'm so tired!

I've noticed that too. I sometimes think two parents are one too many for him. In this case, a little too much of a good thing. :roll:

I hope you can find something that will replenish your energy a bit.