SilverDragonfly
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2012, 5:22 am

Anxiety
Depression
ADHD
Bipolar
Just recently got diagnosed with AS. The bipolar is also still valid.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 7:53 pm

When I was young, I was diagnosed with Selective Mutism which I did have until I was 17.

Into my teens, I and any psych I saw thought I had severe Social Anxiety. Then I got diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 18. I was thought to have been extremely shy for a very long time. But as I think about things now, I dont know why I was not diagnosed earlier. Cause I never really covered my symptoms, I just didnt talk.

Later to find out, I do not technically have Social Anxiety. All my social fears are technically logical due to my Aspergers and I also have a mild OCD so the thoughts keep swirling around in my head.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 12:47 am

depression, anxiety, and schizoid pd. Primary concern for me when I went to see a GP about meds and psych assessment referral was depression.

officially I have AS, OCD, and dysthymia.

AerOHead
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Sep 2012, 9:10 pm

I was pretty much convinced that I was a sociopath. So AS dx left me feeling pretty good, actually.

NewDawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2012, 8:59 am

From a very early age I thought that me feeling different had to do with being smarter than most people. There is a long traumatic story attached it that I´d rather not go into at this moment. Anyway, I indeed scored in the 98th or 99th percentile ('gifted') on several IQ tests. So, I should feel at home with other gifted people, right? Wrong! I've been a member of Mensa for a few years, but never felt at home there.

As a child I had all kinds of fears. This turned into a panic disorder when I went to college. Therapies and medication only made it worse. I had to give up my job and have been on a disability pension since 1997. I began to isolate myself more and more, spending most of my time engrossed in my special interests. To my surprise the anxiety vanished spontaneously when I got really caught up in the life of 17th century Flemish painter.

Until I began to realize that the reason for my behaviour might be ASD, I was mildly to moderately depressed because I had no support whatsoever and didn't trust anyone anymore. Least of all mental health care professionals.

tippi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Oct 2012, 3:34 am

Shyness
Social Phobia/ Social Anxiety Disorder
Some... neurological disorder, cause unknown
Brain Tumour/MS/Motor Neurone (still think that from time to time when I have speech problems & when my dyspraxia is particularly bad)
Borderline Personality Disorder (recent discovery, hence my usual paranoia convinces me that I must have this)

And a lot of the time..... just an introvert.

silencethemusical
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2012, 4:29 pm

I had a bipolar diagnosis for twelve years. It never fit me well (occasional agitation, but nothing resembling a manic episode) and the drugs were oppressive. Autism Spectrum/Asperger's made much more sense.