Do you miss someone right now?

Page 135 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 170  Next

Baffled
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Nov 2015, 2:10 pm

phoenixjsu wrote:
willow wrote:
I've sent him emails from time to time. one of the last things he said to me was something to the effect of "YOU don't matter. I can cut you out of my life in a blink if you annoy me and never look back. " then proceeded to tell me how uninteresting and unintelligent I was. as much as I can say I know it is untrue, and I know that HE didn't really think that, otherwise we wouldn't have been friends for so long, it really was devestating (did I spell that wrong? it looks wrong. devastating. the A one looks right.) coming from him.

at any rate, he never responds.

Oh Willow, I'm sure he didn't mean that. It sounds like he had a lot of other things going on and sometimes with people (aspies or not) they'll never tell you what. A lot of times, people with anger problems have some big insecurity issues with something they think is a glaring problem (And it could actually be nothing, but to them it's HUGE!). The anger is just a shield or a defensive mechanism as Scintillate put it. It sounds like you tried to be there for him and that's all you can really do.

One day, if he manages to get a grasp on his life and fix things he'll probably try to contact you again, if for no other reason but to have proper closure. But that's a big "if". I hope for you that he gets it together, because it sounds like you really cared about him.

phoenixjsu - I just came across you for the first time and I really like your thinking and attitude. I was wondering if you would mind reading my posts about the man that I love and let me know your thoughts. I can provide the topics if you agree to help me out. Things ended abruptly and badly do to emotions and miscommunication.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2015, 3:48 am

kehtiyn homotopic to self inserted drawed phantasmals

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Laurentius
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2015, 5:05 pm

I had a friend we'll call "EC", who I was very close with. I miss her everyday. She was just like me in so many ways, we had the same humour, I could talk to her about anything without fear of judgement, and she saw me for who I was, and didn't look away.

This inevitably led to me and her forming a bit of a romantic connection that was underlying in everything we did, despite neither of us acknowledging it. We became almost inseparable, every time I came home from Uni I spent time with her. I ended up seeing a girl though, another. After a night on the town, me and Ella came back to her place for the night to sleep (this was normal; nothing happened before this) and I went to the toilet across the hall from where I was sleeping. On my way back, I bumped into someone. I panicked, I thought it was Ella's parents, or worse, her sister, or brother. But no; it was Ella. And she tried to kiss me. I pulled away as I was seeing someone at the time, but also because I didn't realise what was happening; was she really reciprocating my feelings? Or was she using me?

I'll never know. We drifted after this, I had a drunken meltdown at her at a party not long after, then dated one of her friends, and watched her get with a guy I hated. This led to me treating her friend poorly and ending our relationship because I could not deal with the conflict of being with her friend, and also still having residual feelings for EC left over.

And I think about it nearly everyday. What if I had kissed her? Or told her how I felt? How would it be different? I'm with someone else now and have been for a long while, but it's still something that bothers me as I miss her everyday.

"A Gentleman is never rude. Except on purpose." - Christopher Hitchens

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 7:56 pm

Yes, she was reciprocating your feelings.

Poor motivation

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 8:35 pm

Dear Dan,

This was the real letter I wanted to write on the sheet.

My love, I can't stand the separation. Don't you see that the only times you have ever failed me were when you left? I don't understand where all your pressure and guilt comes from.

What is wrong? Why is it wrong?

I come home to what's a barren place for me; because you are not there to fill it.

If I just say openly enough, and prettily enough, my ever present desire for you, that should be able to fix it, right? Can't the world work like that? Beg and plead enough and anything is yours.

Nothing would make me happier than to have you back in my life. I do not exaggerate. I will put everything I have and everything I am back into it, try to solve this problem I don't understand.

Do you remember when you called us soulmates? I do, I still believe it. Do you remember that survey we filled out for a week, about us, how ridiculously high we both rated us? I still see all that. I see us opening a business together, both of us building it from scratch, remember us at your parents', you thanking me for helping it become a reality.

You say that there are cracks that are built whenever we're together. But I remember you buying your monitor, you helping me buy a cellphone, how stressed you were, how that seemed a regular occurrence for you, and how I don't see that from you anymore.

I see all this bad stuff as negative blocks that we work to push down, so we are always working up to that place where it was amazing and stay there until another block comes up.

My love. I miss you already after 2 weeks. Please do not make me miss you for the rest of my life.

Poor motivation

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2015, 8:28 pm

I do. I miss him. I can't even bear to call him an ex. I'm in a relationship right now too and I have told my bf I still have feelings for him. He is okay with it I guess? but I still feel bad. I don't want to love him anymore because there is no benefit to still caring about him. He has only hurt me.
I sometimes wonder if I had said yes to him in high school would I still be with him?

I miss my grandma some days still and it's been years but I know at the same time I would not want her to see me like this...how messed up my life got.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Dec 2015, 10:09 am

I miss my ex girlfriend, not because I want to be together with her again but because I hate that I had to leave her. Leaving somebody like that, who obviously would pour anything into the relationship to make it work, is like a dagger in my heart and I don't think I'm ever going to forget. It was her birthday about a month ago and I haven't heard from her since a little longer than that. I think my finding another partner has really upset her.

I feel like some people almost brag about leaving numerous partners, but it just makes me feel like :skull:

Melo11
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2015, 4:05 pm

You know, it's tough to say. let me explain - I miss my ex, but the was a reason I broke up with her..

electricsaygeo

01 Jan 2016, 6:13 pm

I didn't used to like P.E. (sports lessons) in high school (because high school is an awful place to be if you're not that good looking) but after that I went to upper school where P.E. was organised in sets and I loved it because I had this amazingly friendly girl in my set (bottom set for the unfit students) and she was really kind to me, especially if I did something right for the team (which wasn't too hard in a group of non-sporty people) - she was very popular and always enthusiastic and seemed really happy and had lots of friends and I tried to do good to impress her but one day they moved her to a different set... and I was very sad afterwards, still am 3 years later.

I recently had a theory that she was planted in my set by one of the teachers because I used to stand around, not join in the sport and look sad and maybe they felt sorry for me and wanted to do something nice for me: What was a sporty person like her doing in bottom set anyway? They took my other friend away before this because we'd stand and talk about video games or something stupid in whatever sport we did.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2016, 1:35 pm

no

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2016, 3:01 am

I miss my wife Jacklyn. Technically we're legally divorced right now, but that doesn't change the lifelong vows we made to each other. As soon as she's ready to be reconciled, we will be.

BerenLuthien
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jan 2016, 5:34 pm

i miss an ex, she was pretty great but things moved too quickly, certain events happened and i got all scared and confused and panicked and ended it, big mistake but no going back now, ah well.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 6:55 pm

Yes my friends, it's lonely out here alone

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2016, 7:16 pm

I miss my father keenly even nearly 2 decades since his death.
I miss my grandparents.
I miss my my middle school friend I almost married that was killed in a car wreck the weekend we were meeting up for dinner and a movie as adults.
My favorite same age niece who is passed.
My two favorite deceased male cousins..before they went haywire paths of destruction

I miss my older kids who are presently with their father or in college (court split was weird so ended up I had them young but he had them for most teen years. I have sole custody of the youngest with autism)
I miss being in better contact with my oldest half sister and worry as she reaches her late 70's that we may not meet again (my other two half sisters I was never close too). Her ex husband just died of spinal cancer this past week and it got me thinking about her.
I miss my fiance keenly. Something botched with my passport renewal so I won't see him this month and it has been almost 2 years since we were together (he is Polish national). Skype is not quite the same. : c I am very, very effected and chained to my sense of smell and hearing when it comes to things I love, people are not exception in that.

*I miss certain pets too
I miss my Christmasfish who learned 14 tricks, my best dogs Pupup (n a coyote hybrid), Tigerbahr and Umbra and Blitz (technically he wasn't a dog he was a white Alaskan wolf but great dog anyway), 3 of my personal cats. Our family pet macaw.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 5:49 pm

I still miss Jackie. I almost did give up on her, but every time I try to give up on her, God keeps me loving her even more. I don't know anything I can really do to bring us back together, that will have to be God working in her heart to. I'm sorry I've complained about her, I don't think she's anything as bad as the person who fired her tried to claim. The rest is just a result of my poor Jackie emotionally shutting down from so many years of work and college loan debt looking like they were for nothing. I'm going to do my best to never let myself think the worst of precious Jackie again and never say anything hurtful to or about her again. Still, I wish God would hasten our reconciliation. I hope He's working in her heart too. God has provided for me and my birds throughout this time alone. I'm asleep, I hope. This hopefully is just a nightmare. I know though, if we get reconciled and I wake up to my squish-squish cuddling on me, I am going to think this was all a bad dream, but whether it is or not I will be so glad when this nightmare is finally over and Jackie and I will hug and cuddle again.

Callmesisixoxo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jan 2016, 11:55 pm

I miss loads of people :( Loved ones who passed away, an ex, people I used to be in contact with but it either faded out or someone cut the ties, friends with benefits who I wanted to show I had a lot more to offer and spend genuine time with, however that doesn't always mean they were right for me.

Life is mixed with happy moments and sad so people will pass on. It can also be hard to be in love with or care about somebody who only wants to hook up with you, people drop in and out of your life and often waste your time, for me it can be tough to accept that they played their part in my life or even just played games in my life and there is not much more that can be done.

I would love to not care or admit that I miss certain people because they either shut me out, made me feel replaced or hurt me but sometimes you can't help caring for somebody who has rejected you or missing somebody who has passed away.

Some people clearly have blocked me off of all social media platforms and don't really want me around but I still think about bumping into them or I can't accept the reality that I just wont be close to them or a friend like I wanted to be. I actually realised I was still blocked on a messaging app by a guy I cared for, which caused me to feel upset today.

This guy who I wished had more time for me, literally met me only twice last year, to hook up. I tried to make jokes with him and show him quirky sides of me but he took me as childish and immature or was just preoccupied with family, closer friends, his career and uni, so him making contact with me felt pointless as he had too much going on to focus on my happiness or what I truly want in a friendship, the connection was mostly online and I guess I wanted people who grew with me not away from me, I didn't want to feel used then discarded and replaced later down the line by a girl he was actually serious about.

He felt I had bad habits messaging him and wanting attention all the time but I realised now that I have a relationship with someone who is more understanding, willing to support others and attentive, those habits weren't my fully my fault, I can see the difference between someone who cares for me and someone who says they do but for me personally, just didn't show it.

Sad things happen, life is fragile too, also someone will hurt you then you can often find something or someone even better around the corner, sometimes though with what you felt was better, you see somebody's true colours again or it just ends up not being the right thing for you.

I can say I'm happy with who I am dating now though :D but missing people and watching who comes and who goes, who cared and who didn't, is one of the hardest parts of life.