Do you miss someone right now?

Page 136 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 170  Next

LaMereLoi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Apr 2016, 7:31 am

I miss you, dear, more that I can say to you without scaring you away -if it is not done yet- and despite your faults. I hope you want it to work.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 1:33 am

i love dairy.

i don't mind if you smell of it. it's just ice cream, after all.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 2:12 pm

It's incredible how much you miss someone even though you're a loner. But maybe even more then.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:31 am

^ i'm a loner? i don't think so.

i would jump at the opportunity to hang out again with the people i spend my freshman year of HS with...it's just the way things happen, predictably that everyone would become so scattered after high school.

i thought i should have waited till college to make friendships, but those seem to be even more fleeting.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Esme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2016, 6:24 am

There are a few people I miss.

About 5 years ago I finally met someone that ticked every single box for me. I'm pretty sure he was also on the autistic spectrum as he was incredibly easy to understand (which is rare for me). But he already had a long term girlfriend and shared house, so I kept my distance.

After a few years of trying to just be polite and friendly (we were colleagues) it got too much and I moved to another part of the country. I haven't met anyone like that before or after and have tried and failed to date other guys. I'm now ok remaining single and just focusing on a career.

Sometimes life is unfair like that, but I guess the upside is that I have had to force myself to do other things and I have benefitted financially as a result. If I had settled down with this man then I would have been content and likely not thrown myself into other projects and work with so much motivation. My siblings are now engaged/married and when they have families I will be able to help them out. There is always a silver lining to every situation.

Sometimes I do wish I had tried harder to be friends with him, as I enjoyed his company. But then if I hadn't distanced myself then it likely would have been much harder to walk away. I am happy he is in a good relationship with someone, even if that someone isn't me, and I would be extremely selfish to contact him now and potentially ruin that.

Another person is the first tutor I had in highschool - Mrs L. I wasn't diagnosed as autistic until my mid teens and up to that point school had been pretty difficult. I was very intelligent but also very disruptive and couldn't join in. I would finish 6 months of classwork in a couple of days, get yelled at for doing other people's work or starting one of my 'projects', then sent to the library by myself. Other kids were like wild animals to me and I could only get on with adults. I hated school and would scream and break things, then try to escape when my parents left me there each day. It was hell.

When I took the 11+ exams at my future highschool Mrs L was the tutor looking after my group. My primary school teacher told my parents I was stupid, unable to follow basic rules and wouldn't do well in life. She was very much against me taking the exams and told my parents not to waste their time. So the morning of the exams I wasn't at all motivated and wanted to leave and go home. I had to sit the tests in this huge gothic looking stone building with people I'd never met and it was terrifying.

Mrs L let me sit by myself in the corner (I hated sitting in the middle of wide open spaces) surrounded by chairs and let me keep my hood up when one of the other examiners wanted me to take it off. She was brilliant. Instead of running out I sat and passed all the exams and got into the school. I was then in her house form for my first year and she taught me so many things that kept me sane and focused until I got an official diagnosis and had professional help. She was an amazing woman that went far beyond her job description to help me (and likely other oddball kids). She passed away from cancer last year and the school had thousands of ex students sending messages. She was one of those people who quietly made a huge difference to so many lives.

Lastly, the psychiatrist I saw in highschool was brilliant and changed the course of my life completely. He encouraged me to draw and paint so I could learn human facial expressions and had me writing books to learn about social cues. He was an amazing man and I wouldn't be here now without all of his help. He retired years ago and moved abroad, but if I met him now I would hug him (and I'm generally not a 'hugger')!

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 7:37 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
^ i'm a loner? i don't think so.

Not addressed to you.

Sorry for the confusion.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

Grischa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2016, 4:36 pm

bad habit of mine: once or twice a year checking on internet what kids from my class in High School are doing nowadays, what's on their LinkedIn, what they write on their company website, etc Some of them wrote books, others makes a lot of money, some mention that they have a family and live abroad (Panama, Russia)
I do not miss them personally, but I miss the missed opportunities
Such as getting attention of a girl and don't knowing how to handle that

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 1:54 am

Immensely, so.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 10:57 am

I always do.

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

12 May 2016, 9:38 pm

I miss my therapist, who was an intern in the counseling department at the college I go to. We developed a great rapport over the course of this year, and it's been bittersweet to see her go :/

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 3:20 am

i miss my therapist's dog.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2016, 5:34 pm

I miss the good version of my wife. A lot.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 8:04 am

I miss my boyfriend :'( it's been a month since we have seen each other.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 9:04 am

How come you haven't seen him?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 6:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How come you haven't seen him?

He is saving up money and I've been done exams and thought t was best to focus on them :'(. I see him on Friday though so I'm excited!

Albertog
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 May 2016, 9:02 pm

Yeah, I miss my little baby jelly.