Do you miss someone right now?

Page 143 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 170  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 6:25 pm

^^^why'd you distance yourself from him? :scratch:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 1:35 am

auntblabby wrote:

He wasn't interested in me. It was best for me just to move on. Creating physical distance seemed the most sensible thing to do to get over him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 1:41 am

hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

He wasn't interested in me. It was best for me just to move on. Creating physical distance seemed the most sensible thing to do to get over him.

he is not the only fish in the sea. you can and will do better than him.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 8:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No there isn't. There's no one left the pond. Don't get to be loved. Some people just don't get to find anyone.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 4:33 am

hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No there isn't. There's no one left the pond. Don't get to be loved. Some people just don't get to find anyone.

I feel the same way, but I am thankful that the advantage I have is that I am relatively close to the exit [age] while you have a few more decades to try to figure it out. in the meantime, the best advice I ever got, was from ben franklin, "keep silent and as a fool be thought, rather than open one's mouth and remove all doubt." if you speak sparingly, you accomplish at least 3 good things- 1]set up an aura of irresistible mystery, 2]minimize the chances of putting foot-in-mouth, and 3]give yourself time to formulate on-point responses that have a minimum of faux pas in them. the beauty of this is it can be kept up indefinitely. just a thought from an old geezer :bigsmurf:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 7:33 am

^ I am the complete opposite. I prefer to open my mouth and say exactly what's on my mind. It all blurts out anyway. That's a good thing. People need to know who you are, as long as you own it you're mostly fine.

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2016, 7:18 pm

smudge wrote:
^ I am the complete opposite. I prefer to open my mouth and say exactly what's on my mind. It all blurts out anyway. That's a good thing. People need to know who you are, as long as you own it you're mostly fine.

I am very opinionated, I need people in my life that are also that way in order to have discussions and exchange ideas. Sadly it is rather difficult to find, so I just conversate with myself in my head, it is better company that way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 1:49 am

I get along better with myself and me, than I do with anybody else. :alien: :jester: :nerdy:

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2016, 7:12 am

Thats cause you are a really good person auntblabby!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 10:40 am

noumenon wrote:
smudge wrote:

I am very opinionated, I need people in my life that are also that way in order to have discussions and exchange ideas. Sadly it is rather difficult to find, so I just conversate with myself in my head, it is better company that way.

I need direct people in my life, with some tact. Opinions are vital too. Again, with tact.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 3:06 am

noumenon wrote:
Thats cause you are a really good person auntblabby!

you also! :wtg:

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 9:22 am

I miss the old, narcissistic me. I used to think I was the best thing in the world. Now I know the truth, that I'm a freak and a loser with no talents or redeeming qualities. I wish I had my big dumb ego back.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2016, 4:37 pm

mee too... :oops:

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Dec 2016, 4:31 am

Yeah, I wrote on here about missing the old me too a few weeks back. I've been working on fixing that but being more wise about it this time around, the old me was great but somewhat foolish. You still might be awesome Sabreclaw, you might just not realize why yet.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2016, 6:06 pm

I don't miss a specific person right now, but I do miss my cat. He passed away two months ago at age 18, a great age, but he leaves a pawprint on my heart.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2016, 3:32 am

^ condolences, from another santa barbara county local. :(

i miss the way i was before i was ravaged by the renegade canadian.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.