Is it normal for aspies to be paranoid?

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Keiichiiownsu12
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm

What sucks is even though I know that my paranoia is often unjustified, it only takes one simple rejection to fuel the thought of "what if"

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 7:56 am

My worst paranoia is receiving mail. Official letters are bad, ones without a return address I often don't open at all. As far as I'm concerned, if they don't care enough to tell me who sent the mail, then I don't care enough to open it.

And the rare personnel hand written letter scares the hell out of me. Why are they writing to me? What did I do? I have all these random abuses running through my mind. It takes effort to calm myself down and open the letter, to find it's just my mom telling me about there holidays.

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Feb 2015, 2:42 pm

I have absolutely no idea as to whether my paranoia has been developed or naturally occurs (probably both). Regardless, I have a hard-to-get-rid-of cynicism that comes from the fact that I've been through a lot of mental abuse from both SpEd teachers and NT peers. It's part of the reason I have a massive distrust for neurotypicals, and I'm somewhat paranoid about the future of autistic people as a whole.