Two adult children sue their mother for 'bad parenting'

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/5246 ... t.html.csp

Just brats to me. I wonder what my son will sue me for? Not going on expensive trips or staying in fancy hotels?

What shall I sue my mother over? Not giving me everything I wanted for Christmas? Taking away the computer or my bike or my Barbie dolls or my favorite TV show? Not letting me get whatever I want?

Last edited by League_Girl on 29 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

Maybe if the parents didn't spoil their children and taught them how to appreciate the things they had, their entitled children wouldn't be suing them for stupid, materialistic reasons. It's still the parents fault when you think about it.

My mom would leave me alone at the house for weeks at a time without any socialization during the summers which I think is a lot more damaging than what these brats had to put up with. Even then, I would never sue her for it. I love both my parents. Sure, they made mistakes raising me, but they made me a model citizen.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 2:14 pm

Quote:
"... the court record stood about a foot tall, an Illinois appeals court dismissed the case, finding that none of the mother’s conduct was 'extreme or outrageous.'"

Theoretically, one person can sue another for any cause. I'm relieved that the judge in this case sided on common sense, and not on the vengeful attitudes of entitlement displayed by two spoiled and ungrateful kids (now 20 and 23 years old, btw).

Some people need to grow up and just Get Over It!

(Lyrics Here)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AllieKat
Toucan
Toucan

29 Aug 2011, 2:20 pm

The article is appalling and a real insult to those kids who were really abused by their parents. Not buying the toys they wanted! Sending a birthday card they didn't like! Telling them to come home at midnight! Sorry but that sounds like normal parenting to me.

What about all the grown kids who grew up in households were they were physically and sexually abused? Kids who got beaten up with wooden paddles and locked in the closet for the most minor infractions such as accidentally spilling their milk at the dinner table. Kids who were raped by their own fathers. Kids who grew up in those kind of circumstances have a case but the ones in the article are just obnoxious, spoiled, unappreciative brats.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 3:19 pm

I want to wish the judge well, he/she seems a reasonable person not like the two greedy kids

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 4:09 pm

*Remembers a story where a woman sued macdonalds for making the coffee too hot*

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

Those ungrateful brats really need to get a life. Kids don't appreciate anything these days. The judge made a wise decision siding with the parents.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 5:56 pm

If you look a little closer, it turns out that this is a case of a jilted husband who never got over his divorce, and who is still trying to use his kids to hurt his ex. The parents divorced in 1995, according to the article, and the father offered his legal services free of charge to his kids, while his ex wife had to pay a LOT of money to fight the case over the course of two years. The kids may be spoiled, but it's certain that the father is a jerk who is using his kids to force his wife into penury out of revenge. Look dude, she divorced you, a LONG time ago. Get over it!