Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
AlphaSister wrote:
My sister has been diagnosed with Aspergers and while it is a relief to finally know what is going on she has used it as an excuse for everything from slouching to not following through on appointments. Yesterday I caught her in an outright, baldfaced lie-is that at all related to her Aspergers?

I don't know. When I was a kid I lied all the time. It was like I didn't understand the importance of words and their deeper significance. To me it sounded like gibberish coming from mine and others mouths so it didn't matter to me what I said half the time. I didn't realize how relevant words are.

So I lied.

I also lied to stay out of trouble and also because I would give out selected answers and not even understand. I would also lie thinking I was supposed to say it because someone keep asking. I also remember making up stories. I don't know why I did it.

Then I stopped lying when I was 12 because I wanted to be good. I didn't know white lies existed and all that and it was something you're supposed to do. I did think it was okay to lie about your age for cheaper admission and sneaking candy into movie theaters because mom did it so I thought those lies were okay. I still think they are. Same as lying about age so your kid can be in a hot tub or get on a ride or get into something. I knew of a place that had the age limit six years and up for miniature golfing so my parents lie about my brother's age.