Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Grisha wrote:
the "neg" principal suggests that excessive praise might be counter-productive, for example - so there's a little insight there that might be useful.

That is true. Just don't go to the other extreme.

I only ever give praise or compliments when I feel sincerely moved to do so. I'm probably a bit mean with it really...

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

Moog wrote:
Grisha wrote:
the "neg" principal suggests that excessive praise might be counter-productive, for example - so there's a little insight there that might be useful.

That is true. Just don't go to the other extreme.

I only ever give praise or compliments when I feel sincerely moved to do so. I'm probably a bit mean with it really...

That sounds about right: genuine sincerity, not arse-kissing to try and win favor.

Any woman who would respond to "negging" definitely isn't my type anyway...

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:10 pm

Volume isnt in my nature either. But it's something I did to improve.

Another trick to improve is a vacation. The cliche about people (women) being more open to talk with strangers on vacation is absolutely true. That and their 24/7 nature really make for a social crucible. Book a trip or two to a warm destination and just practice on random women. The opening topic is always the same; the location.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

simon_says wrote:
Volume isnt in my nature either. But it's something I did to improve.

Another trick to improve is vacations. The cliche about people (women) being more open to talk with strangers on vacation is absolutely true. That and their 24/7 nature really make for a social crucible. Book a trip or two to a warm destination and just practice on random women. The opening topic is always the same; the location.

True! The last time I actually sat down with a woman and chatted was on vacation, I just saw her there in the hotel lobby bar and struck up a conversation - very unlike me, but there wasn't another American within 50 miles (as far as I knew) so for some reason it felt safe. Went to a strip club too!! :oops:

I think I need another vacation soon... :wink: