Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 5:34 pm

This video is a compelling illustration of the battle currently raging in Grisha's soul.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvKeDr3k7n0[/youtube]

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

Hehe. Its all about the Jedi mind-shit. :D

mv
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

Grisha wrote:
This video is a compelling illustration of the battle currently raging in Grisha's soul.

See, Grisha, you're so money and you don't even know it...

{I love this movie}

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

Anybody have a 50-cent piece I can borrow? :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 5:48 pm

Oh boy....

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

Grisha wrote:

I'd need to see very well documented scientific evidence that this works, not a work of fiction

I'm not sure that you're not posting this entirely with tongue in cheek or not.

I'm having an aspie moment.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 6:15 pm

Moog wrote:
Grisha wrote:

I'd need to see very well documented scientific evidence that this works, not a work of fiction

I'm not sure that you're not posting this entirely with tongue in cheek or not.

I'm having an aspie moment.

It's only semi-tongue in cheek, I'm convinced that it works "as advertised" for casual sex - but perhaps the underlying principals can be adapted to more wholesome ends.

I dunno, it's obvious that my current approach isn't working so I'm keeping an open mind...

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

Grisha, PUAs fail more often than they succeed. They just conveniently forget about the failures and boast about the successes... which usually end up being very insecure women with daddy issues.

But you go on wit yo bad self, k? :wink:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
But you go on wit yo bad self, k? :wink:

Oh yeah. 8)

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 9:16 pm

A good rule to remember with pick up artists and pick up lines is that pick-up lines don't work on anyone worth getting to know. All women say pick up lines don't work. Of course they work, or nobody would use them, EVER. It's always the women that are skanky that rail against pick up lines most vociferously, eh? That's because they hate themselves, and any guy who degrades himself by acting like that hates himself too. Opposites don't necessarily attract. PERCEIVED opposites are what attract, and that's the secret to pick up.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 9:24 pm

Mindslave wrote:
A good rule to remember with pick up artists and pick up lines is that pick-up lines don't work on anyone worth getting to know. All women say pick up lines don't work. Of course they work, or nobody would use them, EVER. It's always the women that are skanky that rail against pick up lines most vociferously, eh? That's because they hate themselves, and any guy who degrades himself by acting like that hates himself too. Opposites don't necessarily attract. PERCEIVED opposites are what attract, and that's the secret to pick up.

What I've read essentially acknowledges that pick-up lines don't work, with the possible exception of making a joke about them not working...

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 12:40 am

It doesn't matter what sh*t he says. It's not what he says, it's that he knows what works for him and he runs with it with confidence. It's the mastery of *his* thing that's working. He's not just running a script, he has natural charisma, and she's not taking his nonsense to heart.

The charisma of movie stars aside, you just need a bout of volume, which leads to experience. You'll then find your own way through trial and error and not be checking off boxes on someone else's list. But if a list encourages you to seek volume then knock yourself out.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 8:00 am

simon_says wrote:
It doesn't matter what sh*t he says. It's not what he says, it's that he knows what works for him and he runs with it with confidence. It's the mastery of *his* thing that's working. He's not just running a script, he has natural charisma, and she's not taking his nonsense to heart.

The charisma of movie stars aside, you just need a bout of volume, which leads to experience. You'll then find your own way through trial and error and not be checking off boxes on someone else's list. But if a list encourages you to seek volume then knock yourself out.

Most of the things I've read emphasize volume, but it's definitely not anywhere near my comfort zone. Interestingly enough, there's a lot of emphasis on the "3-second rule" - meaning you need to make your move within 3 seconds of identifying the target to avoid psyching yourself out.

I'm still sort of just reading this stuff for amusement, I'm not sure if it's worth taking seriously...

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

There is definitely merit in being more courageous and proactive in talking to women, and more confident and valuing yourself.

But when it comes to the actual mind games, the "negs", the "hypnotising your date" and the manipulative speeches, such as "Boyfriend Destruction" which is to subtly degrade her partner and try and destroy her relationship, it all gets rather nasty.

Taking a break.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 5:34 pm

simon_says wrote:
you just need a bout of volume

Perhaps a quart of amplitude?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
There is definitely merit in being more courageous and proactive in talking to women, and more confident and valuing yourself.

But when it comes to the actual mind games, the "negs", the "hypnotising your date" and the manipulative speeches, such as "Boyfriend Destruction" which is to subtly degrade her partner and try and destroy her relationship, it all gets rather nasty.

Yeah - that gets disgusting real fast - I can only take those sites in small doses.

But for example - the "neg" principal suggests that excessive praise might be counter-productive, for example - so there's a little insight there that might be useful.