women have it harder(coming from a male)

Page 1 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

CircusFreak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

societies expectations:

guy:

-Get a degree...technical school whatever...make 50k a year(any guy can do this
-get in shape(wieghtlift ,bike). Once again, any guy can do this...i did.
-Develop decent social skills

women:

-be pretty
-be pressured into looking pretty
-have a naturally pretty face....which is not something you control
-wear clothes to make you look pretty
-be pretty..
-go through child birth
-Did I mention there is pressure to be pretty?

My point is this to all the men here:

Grow some balls and stop whining about how women have it easier. Go lift some weights, take out some loans and enroll in college. In addition, treat your women like a queen, spoil her, develop good social skills through watching people.... and just man up. Women have it MUCH harder from talking to my girlfriend.

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

I've been to college....twice, but women just want high school dropouts because they're "bad boys."

Women get the better jobs thanks to affirmative action. Women can be introverted/ have Aspergers/ be otherwise socially awkward and still get men. Women put their pic on a dating sites and if they're even remotely attractive, they got tons of responses and even fat, ugly ones will get a few. Women can use their bodies to make money or marry someone for their money.

Men commit suicide at a higher rate (everywhere except China). They make up 90 percent of prison inmates and workplace deaths. They have to approach. They have to shell out money for hookers because women are so damn picky.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:41 am

I'm sorry, but "go take out some loans" is not the best advice in the world. Consider your goals carefully before getting into debt. I am in debt and it's hard to claw your way back out.

'women just want high school dropouts because they're "bad boys." ' - SadAspy you have no concept of reality. A sensible woman wants someone balanced, who works towards self improvement. He doesn't have to earn 50K, but he shouldn't be a lazy drop out.

Last edited by hurtloam on 09 Sep 2011, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or joking... but what I think is really hard as a woman are all the social skills that I am supposed to know instinctivly (that I don't know), the emotional reciprocity that I am supposed to have just because I am a woman (that I don't have) and the multi-tasking skills like working, going to school, being a mom, and taking care of my home all at the same time that are expected of a woman ( that I may never have the executive function ability to successfully achieve). Oh, and doing it all while being pretty, charming, witty, insightful, and socially adept.

CircusFreak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Sep 2011, 9:45 am

hurtloam wrote:
I'm sorry, but "go take out some loans" is not the best advice in the world. Consider your goals carefully before getting into debt. I am in debt and it's hard to claw your way back out.

fair point and I didn't consider that.

CircusFreak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Sep 2011, 9:46 am

Rhiannon0828 wrote:
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or joking... but what I think is really hard as a woman are all the social skills that I am supposed to know instinctivly (that I don't know), the emotional reciprocity that I am supposed to have just because I am a woman (that I don't have) and the multi-tasking skills like working, going to school, being a mom, and taking care of my home all at the same time that are expected of a woman ( that I may never have the executive function ability to successfully achieve). Oh, and doing it all while being pretty, charming, witty, insightful, and socially adept.

I am somewhat joking and the being pretty part......which society seems to pressure on women

CircusFreak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

SadAspy wrote:
I've been to college....twice, but women just want high school dropouts because they're "bad boys."

Women get the better jobs thanks to affirmative action. Women can be introverted/ have Aspergers/ be otherwise socially awkward and still get men. Women put their pic on a dating sites and if they're even remotely attractive, they got tons of responses and even fat, ugly ones will get a few. Women can use their bodies to make money or marry someone for their money.

Men commit suicide at a higher rate (everywhere except China). They make up 90 percent of prison inmates and workplace deaths. They have to approach. They have to shell out money for hookers because women are so damn picky.

Aren't you the dude who keeps whining about his poli sci degree being worthless? Grow some balls son and go get more training and work qualifications.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

OP, I think you're heart is in the right place but I completely disagree with how you have the lists stacked. Both genders have different austerities stacked against them but at the end of the day, at least in terms of men reflected on by women or women reflected on by men, its roughly the same.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:50 am

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:56 am

emlion wrote:

^ This.

You know what? We women DO have it easier. We're a lot less deluded, on the whole...

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

CircusFreak wrote:
SadAspy wrote:

Aren't you the dude who keeps whining about his poli sci degree being worthless? Grow some balls son and go get more training and work qualifications.

Nice way to change the subject. Stop being a white knight. I have balls thank you very much...that's why I stand up to women's bs. You, on the other hand, fall for it. Most women (I would say all, but then I get in trouble) are eugenicists who are weeding us out. They will only breed with alpha bad boys.

Last edited by SadAspy on 09 Sep 2011, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

I'm not going to say that one side has it "easier" than the other overall... both sides have their advantages and disadvantages (for one thing, even WITH the affirmative action, men still have better jobs and better pay than women, even ones that don't have children and thus don't need to take time off on maternity leave). And I have no idea how the hell women deal with childbirth either...

But there is ONE thing that I consider unfair about the system. Namely, the fact that the men are expected to make the first move. Men are the ones that have to put pretty much everything on the line to ask a woman out. If women could at least share in this part of the whole dating process, or at the very least make it clear to men that they would accept if approached, this would be a whole lot easier. You also wouldn't have nearly as many jaded pricks walking around either, as men wouldn't have had to endure multiple instances of the hell that is the rejection, leading to a loss of any sensitivity in their own lives...

SadAspy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 10:19 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
I'm not going to say that one side has it "easier" than the other overall... both sides have their advantages and disadvantages (for one thing, even WITH the affirmative action, men still have better jobs and better pay than women, even ones that don't have children and thus don't need to take time off on maternity leave).

80% of the jobs lost in the recession (here in the States anyway) were lost by men. And young, single women are making more than young, single men now.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

Quote:
We're a lot less deluded, on the whole...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0[/youtube]

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 10:25 am

SadAspy wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
I'm not going to say that one side has it "easier" than the other overall... both sides have their advantages and disadvantages (for one thing, even WITH the affirmative action, men still have better jobs and better pay than women, even ones that don't have children and thus don't need to take time off on maternity leave).

80% of the jobs lost in the recession (here in the States anyway) were lost by men.

Oh, ffs, the reason those jobs were lost by men is because those industries affected were, by and large, those that EMPLOY ONLY MEN (construction, etc.). That's perfectly, easily verifiable. Please stop with the histrionics.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

mv wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

80% of the jobs lost in the recession (here in the States anyway) were lost by men.

Oh, ffs, the reason those jobs were lost by men is because those industries affected were, by and large, those that EMPLOY ONLY MEN (construction, etc.). That's perfectly, easily verifiable. Please stop with the histrionics.

shhh woman, stop applying logic to the situation!