women have it harder(coming from a male)

Page 9 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 11:18 am

SadAspy wrote:
spongy wrote:
Several members have tried to help you and given up on this issue due to the fact that you were attacking anyone that was trying to help you.

LOL....what help? Tellling me I have a bad attitude? That's help?.

When someone is attacking those that are trying to help him(as you just admitted to do by avoiding the part of my post about it) they need to change their attitude if they want to go somewhere so telling you that you need to loose the attitude is our attempt of helping you.

As for what happened with her you shall receive a pm from me about it as soon as Im done with exams(that would be mid thursday/early friday).

Edit: wasnt aware that she shouldnt be brought up will avoid doing so in future posts.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 12:36 pm

spongy wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
spongy wrote:
Several members have tried to help you and given up on this issue due to the fact that you were attacking anyone that was trying to help you.

When someone is attacking those that are trying to help him(as you just admitted to do by avoiding the part of my post about it) they need to change their attitude if they want to go somewhere so telling you that you need to loose the attitude is our attempt of helping you.

As for what happened with her you shall receive a pm from me about it as soon as Im done with exams(that would be mid thursday/early friday).

Edit: wasnt aware that she shouldnt be brought up will avoid doing so in future posts.

yeah, he went on a flaming attack against her when she was not even around to defend herself. he's been warned about bringing her up either directly OR indirectly as it constitutes a personal attack (many people saw his original attack directed at her so they know he is referencing her). she has taken the high road and does not trash him on the forum even though he does this to her every 10th post or so.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

SadAspy wrote:
Wrong. I tried to stay friends, and she admitted she was rejecting me on looks.

..that's not what I heard. :hmph:

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 3:27 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
Wrong. I tried to stay friends, and she admitted she was rejecting me on looks.

..that's not what I heard. :hmph:

Weve been asked to avoid this issue but just to make things clear he is right but theres an explanation for what happened(Im just to busy to write him a long pm about it right now).

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 9:14 pm

spongy wrote:
SadAspy wrote:
spongy wrote:

I'm going to acknowledge an elephant in the room, so to speak.

In the past I have frequently been accused of arguing when I become confused about something or someone said something counter to my understanding.

I think most people with AS, or at least a good number, probably have a natural inclination to appear to argue with constructive criticism. It's a habit I admit I myself have that I've had to make a conscious effort to overcome. My arguments were actually mis-phrased questions and if AspieGuy is anything like me, that might be part of the issue here.

I've since become better as voicing my doubts and confusion and communicating that I do not understand the other person's logic, in the form of a question. However I've also made more of an effort to listen to other people and trust in them that they might actually be right and give them some benefit of the doubt and consider what they have said, even if I still have hesitation on the matter. Sometimes when someone criticizes you, they are correct, and it can be difficult to accept but sometimes those criticisms should be taken as a gift that could greatly improve ones life.
I