Yes. 83%  83%  [ 49 ]
Sort of. 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
No. 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 59

Klyne
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2011, 12:43 am

Definitely. It seems like I have some sort of innate understanding with animals and vice-versa.

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2011, 10:23 am

I like all animals, but am especially affluent with dogs. I was raised around them and enjoy their company, and would almost always end up playing more with the family dog than the attendants at any given social gathering as a younger child. I also find riding a horse to be inhumane and inefficient, but this is a different story.

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

I quite do with the little ones - I mean those that are size of a cat or smaller. I'm certainly not good with dogs.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 1:29 pm

I am very, very good with dogs. They understand me and relate to me much better than humans do.

DrChronDon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2011, 6:06 pm

I am likable to animals too. I don't know why, I just see how they will come up to me, and lick my hand or let me pet them with no problems. Recently, my Aunt and Uncles dog immediately came over to me and sat down on my lap and started to lick me. They told me that he doesn't do that for even them. For the rest of my time at their house, I would feel connected to him and he would follow me around. And with other animals, it seems like I can keep eye contact with them for many minutes. I don't know if thats common with animals or not, I just notice that peoples pets that don't tend to give them the patience to look in their eyes, will look into mine, granted after I have let them smell me for a minute or two and they have figured me out. I don't know if its because Im gentle with them or not.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 6:13 pm

I get along better with my dog, than I do with humans.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 7:15 pm

As a kid, I was bent on only reading books with animals, and would often escape to imaginary worlds involving animals. I hated other humans at the time and found them scary and confusing.

Even though I have learned to like and even enjoy people, animals still seem to graviate to me to this day. I feel like I have a strange and otherworldly connection with them.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.