Unrequited love. True love or no love at all?

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

DinnerPlate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2016, 3:32 pm

Different flavours of love. Requited is a rush, unrequited not so much. Ditto was-once-requited-but-isn't-anymore.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 3:35 pm

sounds like a refined form of suffering. btw, welcome to the club 8)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 4:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
it seems to me that much of what passes for "love" down here in this hellworld, is really closer to the fine madness of limerance or infatuation.

Agreed, I don't think I'll ever know what it's like to be loved back.

that depends of what type of "love" one expects "back." or how one sees love. love can be as subtle as how a mother sacrifices for her children.

My mother has borderline personality disorder. Not a good example. How can I trust anyone if I can't even trust my own mother?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm

sorry, bad example :oops: I guess trust begins with oneself, IOW if one can't trust in oneself then trusting others is less likely. I have felt the warmth of love, I just wish I could translate it into something others can feel as well. the closest I can come to this, is to paraphrase/modify a line from a favorite poem- "[love] is akin to the sweet fragrance emanating from the violet holding fast to the heel which crushed it."

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 6:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I guess trust begins with oneself, IOW if one can't trust in oneself then trusting others is less likely.
I have felt the warmth of love, I just wish I could translate it into something others can feel as well. the closest I can come to this, is to paraphrase/modify a line from a favorite poem- "[love] is akin to the sweet fragrance emanating from the violet holding fast to the heel which crushed it."

I wonder if I ever knew Rembrandts first kiss or Chopin's first symphony? I wonder if the scent of a rose endears itself to poetic injustice the way a totem stands full circle, clear of wind speeds up to cyclonic intervals?

The path of true love is forever binding and never relinquishes its grip.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 7:07 pm

Empathy wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I guess trust begins with oneself, IOW if one can't trust in oneself then trusting others is less likely.
I have felt the warmth of love, I just wish I could translate it into something others can feel as well. the closest I can come to this, is to paraphrase/modify a line from a favorite poem- "[love] is akin to the sweet fragrance emanating from the violet holding fast to the heel which crushed it."

I wonder if I ever knew Rembrandts first kiss or Chopin's first symphony? I wonder if the scent of a rose endears itself to poetic injustice the way a totem stands full circle, clear of wind speeds up to cyclonic intervals?
The path of true love is forever binding and never relinquishes its grip.

but where is this path? :scratch:

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 7:19 pm

I no longer have that capacity, especially since the only thing that emotion has gotten me is scorn and heartache. I'm done with people I gave my love to sh!tting all over it and smearing it in my face!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 7:24 pm

^^^^ I know a bit of where you're coming from, brother 8)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 1:16 am

i love all the trees and plants in my garden.
i love the bees and the birds and stuff that frequent it.
i am sure it is unrequited, but it makes no difference of course.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 1:19 am

i mean if you can only love for payment of love in return, it's really not genuine is it?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 1:28 am

b9 wrote:
i mean if you can only love for payment of love in return, it's really not genuine is it?

It would be certainly against Christian philosophy.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 1:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
b9 wrote:

It would be certainly against Christian philosophy.

i am not sure if you understand what you said.

i assume that you may be christian, but you are erroneous in ascribing any proclivity i have to any religion.
i have no religious interest at all.
i know nothing about it.
i believe in god for sure, but only the god i know personally.

i love the fuzzy little heads on each bee, and i wish them well subconsciously every time i focus on one.
the little birds who come to my yard are also loved by me.
but they fly away elsewhere after they are done eating, and i am always glad to see them the next day.

women are entirely different. they have things about them which i am not interested in.
i do not want a relationship and i do not want complicated social interaction.
if you show them unconditional love then they quickly try to capitalize on it, and i am sorry but they can not compete with the innocence of animals.