Essential Love & Dating Advice (By and For WP Members)

Page 5 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Golden Eagle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2017, 7:19 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Is "wanna come to my place and fornicate?" a good thing to message someone on a Christian dating site?

You sound just like Gene from Bob's Burgers. :lol: :D

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 12:51 pm

This is a very cliche question but: Is it possible for a guy to stay friends with a woman he likes? He very clearly likes me and i really like him as a friend but i don't want to be something more. :(

Glenn1
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Dec 2017, 12:22 am

"LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL WITH LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP" it is my quotation.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 10:28 am

When people talking about “having something to offer” in terms of relationships, what exactly do they mean?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

nuway
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jan 2018, 11:16 am

You always have to work at any relationship. I was told once that a relationship is a journey not a destination. You have to walk and work together. And no relationship is perfect. You can not give up just because things get a little rough.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2018, 1:06 pm

Most of this advice is for AS males. What are we women supposed to do? :(

BayeuxTailor
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2018, 1:30 pm

Well I can't sleep, so I'll see how many questions I can answer in one go.

Having something to offer = being able to offer love, emotional support, dependability, understanding, and your own passions and interests to another person. I'm only focusing on the non material things.

I have found it is really quite hard to maintain a friendship with someone who has romantic feelings for you, as they may keep trying, or read too much into situations, or attempt to chip away at your self esteem gradually in the hope that you may cave into their desire for a relationship with you. I'm only speaking from my own personal experience though.

Flirting for an AS woman would depend on whether it was an NT man or an AS man she was flirting with. Your own desires are a factor also. If for example, you were interested in a man you knew already you might ask about his interests, compliment his abilities, casually touch his arm a couple of times as you talk, smile and laugh, and make eye contact. Also, keep your body language open (face him and dont cross your arms). However, some of these things are tricky with AS. I think it is important to feel beautiful and confident as a woman (its tricky sometimes I know), so perhaps make sure you wear clothes that make you feel confident. I think flirting with an AS man is probably more straight forward, as you are probably in a situation where you could just say "I am flirting with you". I hope this is of some use. Men are a confusing bunch, and I personally dont like overly flirtatious men. Oh, also, look for his reaction - is he smiling, laughing, complimenting you, or touching your arm? Does he look a little flushed, or nervous?

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2018, 11:50 am

If there is chemistry between the partners, then no advice is needed. Everything will happen naturally. The worst thing one can do is to follow advice from other people in a relationship for most of the advice does only apply to some individuals.

Just live with the partner and let the bond grow stronger through living together, experiencing together, and going through the positives and negatives together

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2019, 3:29 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have two questions:

1. Is there a good way to determine whether to take something literally or to dismiss it as a white lie, in terms of rejection?

2. If someone rejects me based on things they merely assumed about me, or that weren't true, or based on bizarre ideas they have about relationships, and I dispute/debate it with them, does that automatically mean I have a sense of entitlement/can't handle rejection, or is the problem with the other person?

If you're attractive (You take care of yourself physically/have nice clothes girls have been attracted to you before) and you're nice, then the problem is always with the other person.

Some women are not very intelligent and crave abuse from jerks, and usually attractive men will misunderstand the rejection and think it is their shortcoming - when in reality, the girl being pursued is just not very bright. :D

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2019, 3:33 am

AprilR wrote:
This is a very cliche question but: Is it possible for a guy to stay friends with a woman he likes? He very clearly likes me and i really like him as a friend but i don't want to be something more. :(

It's possible - but if you consider him that important, then perhaps you could go on one date with him just to see if there is really any feeling there.

Maybe give it a chance. :D

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2019, 3:34 am

Stardust Parade wrote:
Most of this advice is for AS males. What are we women supposed to do? :(

Look for a nice guy - that's a great first step. :D

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2019, 3:41 am

BayeuxTailor wrote:
Well I can't sleep, so I'll see how many questions I can answer in one go.

Having something to offer = being able to offer love, emotional support, dependability, understanding, and your own passions and interests to another person. I'm only focusing on the non material things.

I have found it is really quite hard to maintain a friendship with someone who has romantic feelings for you, as they may keep trying, or read too much into situations, or attempt to chip away at your self esteem gradually in the hope that you may cave into their desire for a relationship with you. I'm only speaking from my own personal experience though.

Flirting for an AS woman would depend on whether it was an NT man or an AS man she was flirting with. Your own desires are a factor also. If for example, you were interested in a man you knew already you might ask about his interests, compliment his abilities, casually touch his arm a couple of times as you talk, smile and laugh, and make eye contact. Also, keep your body language open (face him and dont cross your arms). However, some of these things are tricky with AS. I think it is important to feel beautiful and confident as a woman (its tricky sometimes I know), so perhaps make sure you wear clothes that make you feel confident. I think flirting with an AS man is probably more straight forward, as you are probably in a situation where you could just say "I am flirting with you". I hope this is of some use. Men are a confusing bunch, and I personally dont like overly flirtatious men. Oh, also, look for his reaction - is he smiling, laughing, complimenting you, or touching your arm? Does he look a little flushed, or nervous?

I tend to find that men that will touch your arm are more interested in sex.

If the man is clearly nervous and shy and doesn't touch you, then he respects your space and is likely in love with you.

Men tend to wear their emotions on their sleeves and are less confusing than women. :D

Don't over-think their reactions - men are more simple. :wink:

WildlifeGuy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2019, 11:47 am

You really like someone, but they don't know it. How would you ask them in the most politest and respectful way if they want to go on a date with you?

I have never been in a real relationship, I'm 22, and I really need advice. I want to know how to feel confident so that I don't feel like I am going to screw it up.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 3:09 am

If a partner says she's saving herself for marriage (for religious reasons), and you end the relationship because of that, does that make you a creep or pervert?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MaxShock
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2019, 7:00 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
If a partner says she's saving herself for marriage (for religious reasons), and you end the relationship because of that, does that make you a creep or pervert?

No, it just means that you want to have sex in the relationship and saving until marriage is a deal breaker. What WOULD be creepy is still being in that relationship and insisting/harassing her about it.

rhoades24
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jun 2019, 2:00 am

This advice is pure nonsense.

Two things matter for any male to find success in dating: Looks, money and social status/social power.

Only .01% of men have this and that's why 99.8% of attractive women only go for the top .01%. All the same stale copies. End of story.